aberdeen-music

Formula 1 season 2010

Lemonade

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they've (for the moment) punished Schumacher by 20seconds for what at the time looked like a fantastic opportunistic move! The rules in F1 are getting so convoluted and ridiculous. He waited to clear the safety car line, but apparently if the safety car goes in on the last lap they're just supposed to finish the race in precession, how dull.

You could see the other drivers had no clue of this rule as everyone hammered it as soon as the safety car went in.

Great race by Webber though, he's really looking like a challenger these last few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems unbelievable to me that Red Bull are blaming Mark Webber! It's a clear indication that they think of Vettel as their number 1 driver.

I understand that they see him as the future for their team, but Webber is driving better just now and the move was blatantly Vettels fault. He basically drove into him and expected Webber to yield which he has no reason to do.

Red Bull are really trying there best to lose this year.

It seems unbelievable to me that Red Bull are blaming Mark Webber! It's a clear indication that they think of Vettel as their number 1 driver.

I understand that they see him as the future for their team, but Webber is driving better just now and the move was blatantly Vettels fault. He basically drove into him and expected Webber to yield which he has no reason to do.

Red Bull are really trying there best to lose this year.

Agree.

Good race though.

Last couple of races I've avoided the result and watched the highlights at 7pm, definitely the way forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Alonso's dummy spitting is hilarious. He really seems to hate Hamilton.

Webber's crash was terrifying and a true testament to the engineering of the car. When it became clear it was going airborne and then going to land on his head I was sure he wouldn't be walking away, instead he just threw the steering wheel out in disgust and hopped out after it.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I was actually more worried about the speed he hit the wall at, head on as well. Looked faster than Schumacher when he broke his legs at Silverstone. Was amazed when he walked away from it. Terrifying accident, must take balls of steel to get back in the car at the next race after you've flipped the fucker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone
65000 fine for breaking the rules is a piss take,Alonso should have been given a time penalty,thus handing the win to Massa.IMO

Massa's the one that broke the rules really though isn't he? He let Alonso past after following what they're calling "coded instructions", but what was actually a clear statement of "get the fuck out of the way".

They should just disqualify both Ferrari cars from the race. If Massa had just let him past without any instruction from his team, then there's not much you can do about that, but the instruction clearly came from the team.

A fine does bollocks all to prevent anyone doing it again and they've now set a precedent.

Guest droid

Massa was ordered by the team to break the rules,Alonso was crying like a bitch about 10 laps earlier.."this is rediculous".A hollow victory for Alonso,because at the end of the day he couldn't pass Massa on the track.Did anyone see the Senna piece on top gear last night,he wouldn't have heeded those team orders at all.He raced to win...coming second wasn't an option and even took Prost out to ensure he won the champion ship at Suzuka.

Guest droid

Or he could have said,bollox i'm getting my championship challenge back on track,taking the 25 points and putting him back up there.Considering he nearly died driving a Ferrari last year,i think the team should have given him the win...they would have still picked up the constructors points.Alonso will never be a great champion,he's screwed it up too many times.{McLaren and Renault}

Massa was ordered by the team to break the rules,Alonso was crying like a bitch about 10 laps earlier.."this is rediculous".A hollow victory for Alonso,because at the end of the day he couldn't pass Massa on the track.Did anyone see the Senna piece on top gear last night,he wouldn't have heeded those team orders at all.He raced to win...coming second wasn't an option and even took Prost out to ensure he won the champion ship at Suzuka.

Senna didn't take out Prost (unlike Schumacher vs Hill in 1994) he just held his racing line IIRC.

He didn't really hold the racing line, he just went straight ahead up the inside of Prost into the first corner, giving Prost the option of turning into the corner and driving into the side of his car or driving into the gravel. He did blatantly just take him off.

I'll have to look it up on Youtube to remind myself of it. He didn't drive directly into Prost like Schumy on Hill though.

Guest droid
He didn't really hold the racing line, he just went straight ahead up the inside of Prost into the first corner, giving Prost the option of turning into the corner and driving into the side of his car or driving into the gravel. He did blatantly just take him off.

Yeah man blatant,he was pissed because they switched pole to the other side.."he didn't open the door" hahaha quality!YouTube - Ayrton Senna interview - Suzuka 1990