aberdeen-music

Formula 1 season 2010

Lemonade

Well there's only 2 seats left for 2010, at one at Campos and one at USF1. Rumour has it that Ralf Schumacher and Christian Klien are both interested in returning to F1 this season, and Nakajima and Grosjean still don't have a drive.

I read a funny article in this month's F1 racing mag. Seemingly Richard Branson (owner of Virgin GP and Virgin Airlines) and Tony Fernandes (owner of Lotus GP and the AirAsia airline) have had a bet: whoever's team finishes the season with the least points has to dress up as an air stewardess and work on the other's airline :laughing: I'm glad Branson is involved with the sport, it really needs some character.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

A week to go till the first race. Campos has changed it's name to Hispania Racing Team, and USF1 have pulled out altogether (US team abandons 2010 F1 hopes - F1 | ITV Sport). And in usual F1 fashion, someone is moaning about someone else's car being against the rules (McLaren unconcerned by wing query - F1 | ITV Sport).

Official 2010 Formula 1 entry list

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

1 Jenson Button (GB)

2 Lewis Hamilton (GB)

Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team

3 Michael Schumacher (D)

4 Nico Rosberg (D)

Red Bull Racing

5 Sebastian Vettel (D)

6 Mark Webber (AUS)

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

7 Felipe Massa (BR)

8 Fernando Alonso (E)

AT&T Williams

9 Rubens Barrichello (BR)

10 Nico Hulkenberg (D)

Renault F1 Team

11 Robert Kubica (PL)

12 Vitaly Petrov (RUS)

Force India F1 Team

14 Adrian Sutil (D)

15 Vitantonio Liuzzi (I)

Scuderia Toro Rosso

16 Sebastien Buemi (CH)

17 Jaime Alguersuari (E)

Lotus Racing

18 Jarno Trulli (I)

19 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

HRT F1 Team

20 TBA (but it's Karun Chandrok from India)

21 Bruno Senna (BR)

BMW Sauber F1 Team

22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)

23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

Virgin Racing

24 Timo Glock (D)

25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

• 2 weeks later...

Yup even the drivers thought so, apparently they are going to look at things over the next two races to see if it's worth bringing in mandatory two pit stops for tire changes.

It's good to see FOTA recognising it's as much about entertainment as it is winning points.

It was also good to see that there is going to be an ex-driver on the stewards panel at each race.

It's amazing how much they have to meddle every year with the rules. This year they especially seem to have stuffed it up. Last season was a really enjoyable one and this looked set to be exciting with lots of personal battle going on and new driver with new teams.

Judging by the first race though if it continues I don't think I'll keep watching. Bahrain was essentially a precession of fast cars after the first 2 laps. Disappointing.

apparently they are going to look at things over the next two races to see if it's worth bringing in mandatory two pit stops for tire changes.

Don't think that's the answer as it would still put everyone on the same strategy. A better solution I saw was to get Bridgestone to make the tyres less durable so you had to stop but some drivers would be able to get longer distances and better performance out of the tyres and so it would be less predictable.

Mandatory stops will still lead to a procession.

They also need to sort out the aerodynamics. Get rid of diffusers and all the extra bits on the wings, tidy up the air behind the cars so drivers can get close and properly slipstream again.

Sprinklers at the side of every track?

That and a few power cuts at that night race.

Don't think that's the answer as it would still put everyone on the same strategy. A better solution I saw was to get Bridgestone to make the tyres less durable so you had to stop but some drivers would be able to get longer distances and better performance out of the tyres and so it would be less predictable.

Problem with that is Bridgestone won't want to send the message to a global audience that their tyres aren't durable.

They also need to sort out the aerodynamics. Get rid of diffusers and all the extra bits on the wings, tidy up the air behind the cars so drivers can get close and properly slipstream again.

Totally agree with this. This would place more emphasis on driver skill - if you're being followed you'd better be good through the twisty sections or else you'll get nailed on the straights.

Oh yeah, like how it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the race yesterday, ballsy stuff from JB to change to slicks on a damp track. I said at the time "That's either going to win him the race or lose him the race" and I was right. Lots of good wheel to wheel racing yesterday, overtaking, excitement, crashes etc. And Lewis Hamilton throwing a tantrum like the little bitch he is. More of this please, Formula 1.

Really enjoyed the race yesterday, ballsy stuff from JB to change to slicks on a damp track. I said at the time "That's either going to win him the race or lose him the race" and I was right. Lots of good wheel to wheel racing yesterday, overtaking, excitement, crashes etc. And Lewis Hamilton throwing a tantrum like the little bitch he is. More of this please, Formula 1.

How could you have been at all wrong with that statement? It covered both possible outs. ;)

Much better race in Australia. I was totally bemused when I found out Bahrain was going to open the season. Total dull-fest. Good load of overtaking last weekend, and Button won. A much better weekend all round.

Here's a kick in the balls for James Allen from the BBC!

WATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2002 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX HERE

WATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2003 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX HERE

WATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2005 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX HERE

WATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2009 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX HERE

You will notice that in two of the races - 2002 and 2003 - we have asked our F1 commentator Jonathan Legard to voice the highlights, and have blended his reportage with Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz's analysis from the live race coverage at the time.

This is because it is our policy to only use BBC commentators on our F1 coverage, and we do not have the 5 Live commentary from those races for various reasons.

Not ony did they decide not to give him a job, they're erasing him from history as well.

Quite rightly as well because he is an utter fanny.

Here's a kick in the balls for James Allen from the BBC!

Not ony did they decide not to give him a job, they're erasing him from history as well.

Quite rightly as well because he is an utter fanny.

Will just be because ITV broadcast those races and they don't have the rights to use the audio, although maybe it was Murray Walker in 2002?

Still agree Allen's a fanny though.

I enjoyed the race today, even though it did stay dry. There was enough action on the track to keep me interested. I think Bahrain was a one-off and while there may be a few processional races this season (like there is every season) I still think it's going to be a really good season. 3 different winners in the first three races is a good start.