aberdeen-music

First 9 Acts for Download Festival Announced

keeno

Not blown away by the Download line-up so far. High Voltage is looking a million times better! Only problem there is that there's no camping. Not a proper festival when you're not sleeping in filth.

Actually, scratch that. High Voltage looks far too awesome. I'll sleep in a ditch somewhere to make up for it! :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...
Aerosmith are apparently going to be fronted by Steve Tyler, despite him quitting a while back :S More bands later tonight, hopefully something interesting.

Oh Greg Puciato said on his twitter 'we'll see you guys at Donington later' so The Dillinger Escape Plan should be playing. Finally, a good band!

I think you misunderstood. Steve Tyler didn't quit. The rest of the band tried to replace him, so he's suing them. I heard that Aerosmith (specifically) are bound by some sort of special donnington-only contract, which basically says "If Steve Tyler throws a hissy-fit and decides not to sing, then we're not gonna replace Tyler, we're gonna replace the band."

Don't get me wrong, I fucking LOVE me a bit of Aerosmith... I just think they should grow up.

By the way, this is the 30th Anniversary of Donnington... so it'd best be good.

I am praying that Dream Theater, maiden and shadows fall play.

Have any of you guys heard of Zico Chain? Kickass band, opened the main stage in 2007, and it was honestly one of the best performances I saw over the weekend. They were so energetic and they had a fucking blast.

Have any of you guys heard of Zico Chain? Kickass band, opened the main stage in 2007, and it was honestly one of the best performances I saw over the weekend. They were so energetic and they had a fucking blast.

Ha ha I remember them. One of my mates was friends with them cos they made the drummer a 'penis cake' for his Birthday... it was actually just a cake shaped like the aforementioned object. Which I later surpassed for someone else's birthday. We made it with pink icing, used whipping cream for obvious effect and even used chocolate sprinkles for hairs on the accompanying balls. It was truly a work of art.

Anyway... if you go to the male toilets in the tunnels, in the left hand cubicle, there is a big silver pipe running overheard. On this pipe is a 'The Zico Chain' sticker, placed there by aforementioned friend, who was 6'8 and could pretty much put stickers on the roof.

I could have got onto the guest list when they played in Aberdeen because of this, but never did bother going :p

Another download announcement on Monday, 22 bands announced I seem to remember them saying.