aberdeen-music

First 9 Acts for Download Festival Announced

keeno

AC/DC

Motorhead

Wolfmother

Stone Temple Pilots

Bullet For My Valentine

Them Crooked Vultures (apparently headlining :S)

Deftones

Megadeth

Volbeat

I've already got a ticket and booked travel. I've never been to a festival before and decided on download cos it's the only one my best mate would go to, she's more into the commercial stuff. I have to say... i do not like any of those bands. I can't stand 4 of them. I really do hope the other bands are much better, or at least they put some decent bands on the second stage.

I may have to buy a Bloodstock ticket to console myself at this rate.

them crooked vultures is worth the ticket price alone dude.

foo fighters dave grohl on drums

qosa josh homme on vocals and guitar

led zeps john paul jones on bass

hottest ticket this year is to one of their gigs

apparantly their small uk tour sold out in record time for a band that hadn't released any material.

they since have released their debut album (Nov 2009) and its AWESOME!!!!

P.S. Do People Still Say Awesome?

festivals to me are about reminising and such, so when bands play i like them to play classic songs from their catalog, if there are new bands you usually have to miss another band or get there early to catch their 11am slot,

just cause it's josh, dave and boy fae zeppelin doesnae mean they can hold down a 1hr 20 min plus headline slot at download like AC/DC will

although I haven't listened to them at all yet so can't really say if their music is good or nae

I'd rather have an older experienced band play an awesome show as headliners

whats next?

gerrard way, flea and dave lombardo headlinging 2011 with their "new band"

what about chickenfoot!

Obscene Extreme festival and Neurotic Deathfest for me.

U.K fest just don't cut it for me these days. Strange however that it works out alot cheaper to travel around Europe to see bands I love. No complaints whatsoever though.

The best lineup as far as my tastes go are Hellfest and Summer Breeze. Pain in the arse for dates and money though. Travelling to France or Germany will be even more expensive than Download.

Summer Breeze really does have a good mix, as well as some sick bands. Origin, Hypocrisy, Suffocation, Dark Tranquillity, Equillibrium, Hacride, War From a Harlots Mouth, Swallow the Sun and Long Distance Calling, Some other good bands on there too.

EDIT: I just checked Neurotic Deathfest... Origin, Gorod, The Red Chord, Revocation, Beneath the Massacre, Carcass and Dew Scented.. that's a great lineup too!

Them Crooked Vultures are shit, saw them on Jonathan Ross and it was a "what the fuck..." I hope they revise that decision and don't have them headlining.

what do u expect on wossy's show?

fatboy???

thought we were buddies

dont make me tell everyone what you request on a thurs night lmao.

can see i'm fighting a losing battle with you hardcore rockers

i'll get my coat................

The best lineup as far as my tastes go are Hellfest and Summer Breeze. Pain in the arse for dates and money though. Travelling to France or Germany will be even more expensive than Download.

Summer Breeze really does have a good mix, as well as some sick bands. Origin, Hypocrisy, Suffocation, Dark Tranquillity, Equillibrium, Hacride, War From a Harlots Mouth, Swallow the Sun and Long Distance Calling, Some other good bands on there too.

EDIT: I just checked Neurotic Deathfest... Origin, Gorod, The Red Chord, Revocation, Beneath the Massacre, Carcass and Dew Scented.. that's a great lineup too!

Bolt Thrower,Pestilence,Napalm Death,Lock Up,Benediction,Carcass. - yes ma'am thank you :-)

44 for return flights to Tilburg from Edinburgh,20 fuel down to Edinburgh,26 airport car park and 65 for deathfest tickets.

Roughly converted say 150 for all of Deathfest and last time I heard it was 169 or something for Download. Maybe wrong.

Them Crooked Vultures is the biggest disappointment of 2009.

I don't hate them them, I nothing them. I quite liked the song they played on Jonathan Ross but then I heard their album a few days later and I nothinged it. I don't think it really got my attention. It was on but I didn't hear it. I nothinged it.

Guest Gladstone

Them Crooked Vultures said to me before I ever heard them "they will be big and popular and famous because of who is in the band, but will probably not be very good"

I think that about sums them up to be honest. Everyone gets massively excited by the prospect of Dave Grohl playing the drums again, but with the Foo Fighters he's proved (in my opinion) that he's a brilliant frontman, and will be a little bit wasted at the back of the stage, though he is a cracking drummer.

I've been massively underwhelmed by their output so far, and probably won't bother buying the album.

I absolutely love Nirvana and I like Foo Fighters, but think they're one of the most over-rated bands ever to walk the planet - right up there with U2.

• Upvote 1

Bolt Thrower,Pestilence,Napalm Death,Lock Up,Benediction,Carcass. - yes ma'am thank you :-)

44 for return flights to Tilburg from Edinburgh,20 fuel down to Edinburgh,26 airport car park and 65 for deathfest tickets.

Roughly converted say 150 for all of Deathfest and last time I heard it was 169 or something for Download. Maybe wrong.

I have a friend who lives in Germany who actually just last night asked me if I wanted to go to Summer Breeze. The tickets are only 66 for this lineup :O

http://www.summer-breeze.de/files/flyer/SummerBreeze_Flyer_UK.jpg

Unfortunately it's in August and the flights are pretty expensive. My friend lives in Karlsruhe, and the only way to get there is to fly via Stanstead, which is only 24 each way... but the flight to Stanstead from Edinburgh costs 50 each way :S I don't mind getting a megabus etc but i have no idea where Stanstead is or how to get there!

Download tickets were 135 for the ticket only, 160 for 3 day camping and 170 for 5 day camping. Although I got my ticket before xmas, so the prices may well go up when they go on sale again.

Lock Up would be great to see. Is Nick Barker still drumming for them?

AC/DC

Motorhead

Wolfmother

Stone Temple Pilots

Bullet For My Valentine

Them Crooked Vultures (apparently headlining :S)

Deftones

Megadeth

Volbeat

Motorhead and ACDC go into the "songs all sound the same" box.

Wolfmother...em...no thanks.

STP...what the fuck?

BFMV... kill that band, absolutely terrible Welsh, Mallcore.

TCV. Never heard them

Deftones... I like them

Megadeth... Great band but nothing like the RIP days

Volbeat... who?

Bloodstock for me. Going to see Devin Townsend obviously.

• 3 weeks later...

Aerosmith and Rage Against the Machine are also headlining. I'm so excited I nearly cried... and no the happy tears. RATM are playing a FREE gig the week before, so bit of a con to make people pay to see them, and Aerosmith are apparently going to be fronted by Steve Tyler, despite him quitting a while back :S More bands later tonight, hopefully something interesting.

Oh Greg Puciato said on his twitter 'we'll see you guys at Donington later' so The Dillinger Escape Plan should be playing. Finally, a good band!

All headliners will be good to see but none of them are any bnads i'd pay to see usually since i've grown out of RATM.

Stone Sour, Lamb of God, Five Finger Death Punch, 30 Seconds to Mars and Billy Idol also announced.

Oh well at least Billy Idol will be a laugh :p

Still.... The Dillinger Escape Plan!!! :love: