aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Music Fanzine Needs You!

Lemonade

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a months' break, Aberzine is back. Now which band were unfortunate enough to be described as:

This band are the musical equivalent of sea-monkeys.

So what do they do?

They just swim around.

And what else do they do?

Nothing really. Eventually they just die and then you throw them out.

Oh right. Well that kept me entertained for about four seconds. Lets go play some Xbox.

Also coming soon, if you guys ever get the fucking CDs to me:

KCHGH EP

Belloc's Bar album

Carson Wells EP

Zambian Astronaut EP

New York Dolls Live @ Lemon Tree

Clickity-click-click

And where are all these gig reviews that I asked for, you fucks?

After a months' break, Aberzine is back. Now which band were unfortunate enough to be described as:

KCHGH EP

Belloc's Bar album

Carson Wells EP

Zambian Astronaut EP

Clickity-click-click

Shiiiiit! I completely forgot to take it to football that time! Same with when I gave you that guitar box!

I'll make sure to get one to you next time I see you :up:

KCHGH EP

Belloc's Bar album

Carson Wells EP

Zambian Astronaut EP

Clickity-click-click

Gied you it. Did your wee dug eat it?

PM me your address and I'll get a Carson Wells EP out to you before the end of the week.
Shiiiiit! I completely forgot to take it to football that time! Same with when I gave you that guitar box!

I'll make sure to get one to you next time I see you :up:

I'll send you both a PM with my address, you can just drop it in the mail. Though my post has a tendency to disappear, especially when it's shaped like a CD or DVD....

Gied you it. Did your wee dug eat it?

No. I listened to it yesterday. I'll give it a review this week, if you send me the tracklisting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, the Zine is a little bit dead at the moment, Calum has handed in his notice (and seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth) and I just don't have time to go to gigs or write reviews! Might resurrect it in the future, but unless someone else wants to take it off my hands and keep it alive, it's RIP currently.

• 4 weeks later...

People have searched for some funny things in Google when they've stumbled into the Aberzine website. My three favourites are:

"autumn in disguise shit"

"classic rock fridge magnets "

"lucky rathern is a homosexual aberdeen_music"

There's also a lot of "Adam Keenan Aberdeen" and "Adam Keenan Eddison" and the likes. Methinks someone may have been googling themselves....

Clearly. Can't believe you mispelled your own username

:kiss:

Ha ha. I know exactly who it is. There's a certain banned forum member who gets his kicks from starting threads in the Technical Problems forum entitled "lucky rathern is a cock", amongst various others, and also every entry on his frankly shite blog is tagged "lucky rathern racist".

Pretty sure this was him as well:

YouTube - Lyin Ryan Special Nail Advisor To The Music Stars Of The Moorings Bar

I find it all quite flattering really.

• 1 month later...

Quoi?

o_O

No Pasaran sound like Snow Patrol!?

Sorry, I realise this is a super old thread but I never even realised that No Pasaran review existed. I've been living in a cave for the past year.

Soooo...Snow Patrol...I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. Or vomit. I feel a bit numb. I must go have a lie down...

Nonetheless, the review was an interesting and informative read :D Thank you muchly for listening Aberzine!

• 3 weeks later...

How's things going with the zine? Aberdeen Voice could also do with some previews/reviews/gig info/pics etc ... Might be a case for collaboration if we are each under-resourced in this department.

We are looking to upgrade our site over the next couple of months, so I suspect there would eventually be little or no restriction re. weekly/daily space to dedicate to Aberdeen's music scene.

Have a think about it.... We could meet up and discuss if you like.