aberdeen-music

THE TWILIGHT SAD (LIVE) @ THE WAREHOUSE - Thursday 1ST April

Well that was good. Twilight Sad were ace. The new stuff fit really well with the old and despite a couple of dodgy sound moments it was a great set.

Take a worm were ok. I liked the music but didn't really get the frontman's persona. It just distracted me from the songs.

Oh and there were too many annoying fuckers chatting loudly around me during the gig. Especially near the end of Twilight Sad. Shut the fuck up and watch the band you paid to see you morons.

I didn't like IRL, but as cliched as it is, they were good at what they were doing and were pretty tight. They had a lot of good ideas and I hope they continue on with things.

Take a Worm were ace. Great band. I was a bit sceptical about how well the whole set made up entirely of the new material would stand up against the old material but it really worked. Gutted I'll never get to see the old songs live, but ah well.

Having gone to this gig just to see Take a Worm and having never listened to the Twilight Sad beforehand I wasn't too sure what to expect. I thought they were super dull. I just didn't get it. To me it seemed like they were going 'ooh look we have a whole load of reverb/delay pedals we'll stomp on them quite a lot and not actually write any songs'. I mean, I guess I can see why people would like them, but it just didn't happen for me.

Having gone to this gig just to see Take a Worm and having never listened to the Twilight Sad beforehand I wasn't too sure what to expect. I thought they were super dull. I just didn't get it. To me it seemed like they were going 'ooh look we have a whole load of reverb/delay pedals we'll stomp on them quite a lot and not actually write any songs'. I mean, I guess I can see why people would like them, but it just didn't happen for me.

I wish you could have seen them at Tunnels the first time they played up here, Warehouse does them no favours at all with their pish sound. Much as I like the new album, this is the main reason I didn't bother with this.

The show at the ABC last night was in quadrophonic sound and it was fucking amazing! :up:

At times the noise felt like a tornado circling around the audience.

I agree the warehouse sound system does them no favours although I still enjoyed the Aberdeen gig too! (apart from the rude fuckers chattering through the quiet bits).

Also what has happened to the original bassist?

The show at the ABC last night was in quadrophonic sound and it was fucking amazing! :up:

At times the noise felt like a tornado circling around the audience.

I agree the warehouse sound system does them no favours although I still enjoyed the Aberdeen gig too! (apart from the rude fuckers chattering through the quiet bits).

Also what has happened to the original bassist?

the twilight sad: Orzel

We are sad to say Orzel has decided to leave the band. He has been in the band from the beginning, and has lasted more tours with us than what most people would have put up with. here's a letter he wrote -

My Name is Craig.

After a particularly heavy night out which resulted in me waking up

baw deep in a granny I have decided to leave The Twilight Sad.

It's been lots of fun but I feel that this is a good time to end it.
Over the last couople of months I have been looking to do different
things with my life and the full time commitment that The Sad demands
is something I can't satisfy any longer. There has been lots of good
times and I leave with no animosity between me and the other three.

Cheers to all the people who have helped me along the way in my time
in The Sad (6/7 years!), it's been well wicked.

-OO-