aberdeen-music

Trade Les Paul Custom With Emgs

EnkaiScreamer

I think what he meant was, Les Paul Custom, usually implies Gibson... to me it does anyway. I don't think he didn't know about the Epiphone.

I wouldn't have said anything usually, but it's not the first time he's come in to a For Sale thread and been completely counter-productive. When I was trying to sell a Turbo Rat, he came in went off on one about how the modern Rat pedals are shite, and I never did actually shift the thing. It's just pointless uppity snobbery for the sake of it.

I think what he meant was, Les Paul Custom, usually implies Gibson... to me it does anyway. I don't think he didn't know about the Epiphone.

Good luck with the trade/sale. Those EC-256's look sweet :D

It says clear as fucking day in the ad that it's an Epiphone. Why are people such dicks?

Off to neg veldt666.

It says clear as fucking day in the ad that it's an Epiphone. Why are people such dicks?

Off to neg veldt666.

To describe an Epiphone as an "Amazing guitar", begs belief, hence my comment!

Regarding the "Rat" pedal incident, I doubt it didn't sell because of my honest comments staing that manufacturers are constantly downgrading components & parts in later versions of what was originally a great pedal, or whatever Instrument, (You chose)

Wake up to the fact that most Music Industry manufacturers are selling tarted up gear, put together with the cheapest components they can find. It explains why so many cheaper Guitars, Amps & pedals break down & are in constant need of repair.

Scan the Forums, not only this one, & see many people asking, "Where can I get this fixed"?

Any comments made by me regarding equipment for sale on this Forum have been made to try & enlighten you of the Info above, & not to Stir up a Hornets nest!.

So, carry on throwing your "Hard earned" @ the Big boys while they rub their hands laughing.

Oh, & which bus goes to Neg?

Regarding the "Rat" pedal incident, I doubt it didn't sell because of my honest comments staing that manufacturers are constantly downgrading components & parts in later versions of what was originally a great pedal, or whatever Instrument, (You chose)

Wake up to the fact that most Music Industry manufacturers are selling tarted up gear, put together with the cheapest components they can find. It explains why so many cheaper Guitars, Amps & pedals break down & are in constant need of repair.

Scan the Forums, not only this one, & see many people asking, "Where can I get this fixed"?

Any comments made by me regarding equipment for sale on this Forum have been made to try & enlighten you of the Info above, & not to Stir up a Hornets nest!.

So, carry on throwing your "Hard earned" @ the Big boys while they rub their hands laughing.

Sorry, I don't know who the fuck you are cuntflaps, have you got two accounts or something?

But to answer the point, I have plenty of high end gear, two "real" Gibson Les Pauls, a Gibson J-45, a Gretsch, Fender etc but the guitar that I play the most by a long, long way is... a 1993 Epiphone Chet Atkins SST. It's not "better" than the others, it's just handier to use around the house, or for acoustic gigs.

And given that anyone would be unlikely to get a Gibson Custom with EMGs without spending 1,500 more than he's asking, maybe this is an amazing guitar for the money. My guess is that he'll almost certainly come back to Les Pauls from the pointy headed strat style thing that he's going for at some point in the future, but that's a journey he's got to make on his own, he's only 16 you fucking knob.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I don't know who the fuck you are cuntflaps, have you got two accounts or something?

But to answer the point, I have plenty of high end gear, two "real" Gibson Les Pauls, a Gibson J-45, a Gretsch, Fender etc but the guitar that I play the most by a long, long way is... a 1993 Epiphone Chet Atkins SST. It's not "better" than the others, it's just handier to use around the house, or for acoustic gigs.

And given that anyone would be unlikely to get a Gibson Custom with EMGs without spending 1,500 more than he's asking, maybe this is an amazing guitar for the money. My guess is that he'll almost certainly come back to Les Pauls from the pointy headed strat style thing that he's going for at some point in the future, but that's a journey he's got to make on his own, he's only 16 you fucking knob.

"Cunt Flaps", You Fucking Knob...........................?

Personally, I would hold on to the Epi LPC if you are swaying towards the LTD. They are made better than the EC-256.

The main difference really is that the Eclipses are thinner bodied than the Les Pauls. So they're not as "boomy". They are of the same materials though so retain the same sort of properties though :up:

The LTD Viper will sound more like a Les Paul, yet looks more akin to an SG. And, essentially, vice versa (Eclipse is somewhat similar to an SG in sound but looks like a Les Paul).

If you were looking at an EC-400/401/500/1000 then it would be worthwhile. Otherwise it's downgrading (just incase you weren't aware :) ).

Which model of 'S' series would you be looking for? I'll keep an eye out. :)

Personally, I would hold on to the Epi LPC if you are swaying towards the LTD. They are made better than the EC-256.

The main difference really is that the Eclipses are thinner bodied than the Les Pauls. So they're not as "boomy". They are of the same materials though so retain the same sort of properties though :up:

The LTD Viper will sound more like a Les Paul, yet looks more akin to an SG. And, essentially, vice versa (Eclipse is somewhat similar to an SG in sound but looks like a Les Paul).

If you were looking at an EC-400/401/500/1000 then it would be worthwhile. Otherwise it's downgrading (just incase you weren't aware :) ).

With all that knowledge it must be frustrating knowing that your other guitarist in Element 106 has an acrylic, piss coloured block of a guitar.:laughing:

Well, yes. You could easily argue that you did significantly dampen the sale. You chirping in very unconstructively about an item I was selling being poor, it would easily put someone off. The pedal not being good is your opinion. They still get great reviews, and for me it's a great pedal, but not suitable for what I was playing at the time. It's actually very suitable for what I'm playing now, and gets alot of use. Perhaps I could thank you for being a pissy cunt in my thread all those months ago.

Your opinion would be valid if it was a thread saying "Let's talk about *insert gear*

... you cun run riot with your "they don't make them like they used to" guff, and no one would give a piss. Just let people flog their gear without your pointless ranting.

What an arsey post. If you want to have a moan about how shit Epiphone guitars are, it's just generally considered bad form to do it on a thread where someone is trying to fucking sell one. Not everybody can afford to buy high end gear and some of us poor minions have to make do with budget gear. I have a 100 Squier guitar that's an amazing instrument to me, it's probably fancy painted firewood to you.

Same applies to the ProCo Rat, if you want to girn about gear go and start a thread in the Musicians Corner, not in someone's advert, all your doing is decreasing their chances of selling it.

Keep it civil, guys. None of this bickering is going to help the OP sell his guitar. As Lucky said, if you want to discuss the topic, go and do it in the Musicians forum. Keep it out of the Trading Post.

I've had Epiphone guitars in the past. In fact I still have two, both of which I think for the money are great guitars. If anyone out there is thinking about buying this Les Paul Custom, don't let the negitive/snobby comments put you off. I get fed up with all the 'it's a real one' or it's not made like they used to make them. Remember this..... shops were nearly giving Flying V away for nothing in the 50's just because some folks did not like change etc.

Enkai - just in case you never noticed my post before, here it is again. :)