aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Chris_APA

Stiff Little Fingers at The Lemon Tree

STIFF LITTLE FINGERS

Tuesday 16 March, doors 7.30pm

15+bf

The Lemon Tree

Just giving you all the heads up on this one. The Belfast punk legends return to the venue for the first time since 2007 for what will no doubt be another great pre-St.Paddy's show! If you've never seen them before I'd highly recommend it.

Tickets go on sale Monday 25 January, available from Aberdeen Box Office, 01224 641122.

About bloody time they were back where they belong on the date they always play!! Hate Warehouse as a venue and its not the same in October.

Agreed! Always a belter of a night at the Tree, and on the eve of St. Paddy's where it should be!

No disrespect to Warehouse of course :)

Is Penetration going to be the support for this one? They're doing some of the other dates.

Any word on support for this then? It's nae Penetration. :down: They only work weekends it seems.

Support confirmed as:

POINT OF ORIGIN

Bastards! (no offence guys, just jealous)

How does one go about getting a support slot at APA gigs? I PM'd Chris_APA here enquiring about this gig when I saw it listed but didn't know who else to contact.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Shaki - I'm sorting out local support slots for Lemon Tree.

Basically what will happen is any of the touring bands that need a support band sourced locally, the Lemon Tree will ask me to find one for them.

As has been mentioned many a time on here before I'm sure - an awful lot of touring bands bring support with them and there isn't often space for locals but I'm going to try and get as many local slots as I can as a really good support slot cam really help a local band to gain some local fans!

How about getting a proper pre-gig venue sorted for this gig? Since it may well be a regular slot again I reckon Aberdeen can have its own `Solid Rock` since a few folk are in town earlyish?

Need a bar wi' a jukebox with suitable contents of course... so... The Moorings anyone?

:popcorn:

Spread the word and a' that.

Whos in?

deh-deh-deh (diddle de deh)

deh-deh-deh (diddle de de deh)

deh-deh-deh (diddle de de deh. bowwwwwwwwwwwww)

that was meant to be Go For It, their "intro song" in case it wasn't clear.....

deh-deh-deh (diddle de de deh)

deh-deh-deh (diddle de de deh. bowwwwwwwwwwwww)

that was meant to be Go For It, their "intro song" in case it wasn't clear.....

I thought it was "Shipping Up To Boston" by The Dropkick Murphys.

So... Moorings anyone?

Aye?

Naw?

Mibbees?

:popcorn:

Probably not. My girlfriend is coming therefore the time between getting home from work and doors opening at the LT will be consumed by costume changes (hers, not minealthough come to think of it I havent decided what Im going to wear yet)

Probably not. My girlfriend is coming therefore the time between getting home from work and doors opening at the LT will be consumed by costume changes (hers, not minealthough come to think of it I havent decided what Im going to wear yet)

You should wear this.

superhero.jpg

I'll buy you a pint if you do.

Dunno, there's often an element of older skinheads who look like they'd love an excuse to kick someone in the head at SLF gigs. Although it could work in my favour if they mistook me for a real superhero.