aberdeen-music

T In The Park

psydoll

Appears no one's posted a reaction type thread yet and apologies if they have. Chemical Brothers was one of the best things that I've ever seen live in my life, Muse made my hair stand on end [bad joke there as some of you might've seen me with the large spiky 'punk' hairdo getting harassed by neds all weekend :rolleyes: ], what I saw of Kasabian was good especially 'Club Foot', Black Eyed Peas were worth it for the dancing alone, Goldfrapp were sexy as ever, Allergo & Certain Death killed in the T-Break stage, N*E*R*D and Wu-Tang Clan were slightly disappointing [distinct lack of the better members of Wu], Pink was surprisingly good, Franz Ferdinand & Dogs Die In Hot Cars were pretty boring, DJ Yoda & Jeff Mills played good DJ sets, Funeral For A Friend were dependably rocking, Faithless were a bit lacklustre as were Badly Drawn Boy & The Rapture while The Beta Band were excellent [an unexpectedly good surprise :D ].

All in all a pretty good weekend but I'm sunburnt as hell!

I missed Kasabian cos it took so long to get into the arena. I thought the best bands were Muse, The Killers, Stellastarr*,Ash, British Sea Power and the very best band were Hope of the States but unfortunately their set was cut short. What was even more unfortunate is that the singer and violinst came outside to finish their set acoustically but were forced away by security, and I missed all this. British Sea Power had the best setup on stage with the Herons and Owls and bits of trees and that crazy drummer guy who came into the crowd. I thought Dogs Die In Hot Cars were pretty good and, although I don't like them, the Zutons and Kings of Leon put on good shows.

You seemed to see most everything I missed :)

Did anyone see me and my beeg spiky hair or the mad bit when people rushed the Slam tent for the Chems? They were going to pull the performance because of it. Most unpopular decision ever I can vouch for that. The visuals were AMAZING :up:

i missed kesabian! i was so annoyed with that! also, we underestimated how far in we were in the franz ferdinand crowd, so couldn't see the killers. booo X( i was one of the twats who was involved in the crush during muse and got dragged out. best band was definitely the libertines though. even without pete, they were absoloutely fantastic and blew me away (..) the thrills were also surprisingly good, even though i didn't like their album much. the pixies were GREAT apart from the twat with the horn who was standing directly behind me. the strokes were also superb. i was bouncing away like a maniac. didn't see all of ash's set and i was a bit put off by the fact that i was pretty much at the back of the tent for one of my favourite bands. mull historical society are SO underrated and they're so sweet. aww.

i'm still on a high :D

Guest lime ruined my life

i watched a few things in the slam tent on bbc3, lots and lots of wide eyes and churning gums. i bet they're feeling the pain today.

Guest haigyman

i never had to "sit down" in the toilets...which on it's own is a bit worrying

highlights of the weekend were muse, ash and the pixies for me, but the zutons rocked like fuck, as did dogs die.. and the strokes. I also enjoyed allergo, franz ferdinand and kings of leon waay more than i thought i would. I had some stupid bitch with a horn beside me for the pixies as well, and she insisted on blowing it at the best fucking part of every fucking song, eg: i got a broken TOOOOOOOOOOT, uh huh, i got a broken PAAAAAAAARP, fucking stupid bitch, and she kept on smacking me in the face with her handbag when she jumped up and down, almost as bad as the complete tossfuck at ash with a backpack the size of a small person...i mean, WTF did he have in it?

pixies were without a doubt the highlight of the festival for me, i thought they were brilliant! 'gigantic' and any song that Kim Deal sang were highlights of the set. In fact the whole thing was a highlight!! muse were absolutely amazing, playing my two favourite muse songs, muscle museum and citizen erased back to back!! the killers were great and funeral for a friend were also surprisingly good on the NME stage! the little bit i caught of snow patrol was made all the better by the fact they covered 'you are my joy' by the reindeer section. buck 65 in the x-tent was fabulous! brilliant stuff to follow the pixies! other highlights included scissor sisters, what i caught of pink and speedway as well as black eyed peas.

campsite banter was ace too!! I GOT A BROKEN FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!

CAAAAALLLUMM!!

TITP was awesome this year!the music was great and so were it has to be said our performances in the campsite afterwards!I GOT A BROKEN FAAAAACE!sang brilliantly by cal

stuff i saw then:

dogs die in hot cars-impressive,had some interesting sounds,songs carried well would like to see more of them.

the zutons-fucking amazing i thought-really tight performance,good stage presence really catchy songs,didn't want their set to end.

british sea power-had no idea who they were but thought i'd check them out.was mildly impressed,the set was great and the drummer guy who kept coming into the crowd made their show quite amusing was enjoying it to start with but the songs were quite samey and thought it dragged a bit near the end.

funeral for a friend-was a bit worried what kinda reception they'd getplaying to such a mixed crowd but they were fantastic.one of the best bands of the festival in my opinion,opened with she drove me to daytime tv and finished with escape artists,was a great set,mainly consisted of the stuff from the ep's which was great cos the last few times i've seen them they've mainly been playing album stuff.great pit for the art of american football and a nice high five and hug from matt after escape artists.beautiful.

was gonna go see faithless but took so long getting out of the crowd just ended up getting food instead.

ash-from the second the flying v arrived in an inferno on stage,you knew this was gonna be fun.played a good mix of old and new stuff,stand out tracks for me were a life less ordinary, kung fu and oh yeah.crowd were fun,especially during kung fu,muchos dancing was probably the most fun i had in the crowd during the weekend.

the libertines-quite enjoyed them.they were quite scrappy though,verging on shambolic at times but they were so cool i'd let them off with it.best track was what a waster (sung beautifully by mr fadgin as well!)

muse-oh my god-BLINDING!what a show.EVERYTHING was great,the sound was superb,stage presence,lighting,atmosphere,everything.had goose bumps for the entire set.matt bellamy is a genius.the set flowed seamlessly,visuals were great,HEARTBREAKER RIFF WOOO!citizen erased was my favourite tracks and when the fireworks went up from the other stage during plug in baby it was beautiful.couldn't have asked for a better peorformance-absolutely faultless.

went back to the campsite to drink absynthe and sing pixies,ace.

watched some people fall of bmx's and skateboards.

franz ferdinad-great show,really fresh sound,catchy and extremely cool.very enjoyable

allergo-absolutely fantastic,completely brutal but yet really stylish as well.awesome set,seemed to pull in a good number of people which was great.i really hope this band go on and do great things,awesome performance.

had a really bad bout of hayfever at this point so had to run back to the tent to get antihistimines, missed most of kings of leon but liked what i saw.

the pixies-jesus christ they were amazing.best band of the festival i think.was slightly scared that they might be a bit off being that it's a reunion tour and all but they were absolutely IMMENSE.frank black is an absolute legend,really enjoyed their set,they kept the banter to virtually zero and crammed in as much music as they could,was loving the entire set,especially caribou,bone machine,velouria,where is my mind,monkey gone to heaven,debaser....actually just all of it every single song was amazing.broken face made all the more fun by the previous night's drunken campsite goings on I GOT A BROKEN FAAAAACE!was slightly disappointed by the absence of dig for fire,but when they play a set that good it more than makes up for it.stunning.

snow patrol-couldn't be assed with the strokes,have seen massive attack before so decided to go and check out a band i know pretty much squat about.was very pleasantly surprised.the songs were beautiful,very tight performance-the band seemed genuinely humbled by the crowd they had drawn,was a beautiful,very atmospheric end to a great festival.very nice weekend

EDIT: oh and muchos beeeg apologies to anyone who was on my bus coming home,but that's what the driver gets for asking someone who's clearly still half-wasted and falling asleep for directions.i'm sorry!

i never had to "sit down" in the toilets...which on it's own is a bit worrying

highlights of the weekend were muse' date=' ash and the pixies for me, but the zutons rocked like fuck, as did dogs die.. and the strokes. I also enjoyed allergo, franz ferdinand and kings of leon waay more than i thought i would. I had some stupid bitch with a horn beside me for the pixies as well, and she insisted on blowing it at the best fucking part of every fucking song, eg: i got a broken TOOOOOOOOOOT, uh huh, i got a broken PAAAAAAAARP, fucking stupid bitch, and she kept on smacking me in the face with her handbag when she jumped up and down, almost as bad as the complete tossfuck at ash with a backpack the size of a small person...i mean, WTF did he have in it?[/quote']

i had some twat behind me during the pixies who kept putting his arm round my throat, at which point i told him if he did it again i would sink my teeth into said arm. about ten minutes later his arm was there, and suddenly he moved away from me with teeth marks in his arm.

Guest haigyman
TITP was awesome this year!the music was great and so were it has to be said our performances in the campsite afterwards!I GOT A BROKEN FAAAAACE!sang brilliantly by cal

stuff i saw then:

dogs die in hot cars-impressive' date='had some interesting sounds,songs carried well would like to see more of them.

the zutons-fucking amazing i thought-really tight performance,good stage presence really catchy songs,didn't want their set to end.

british sea power-had no idea who they were but thought i'd check them out.was mildly impressed,the set was great and the drummer guy who kept coming into the crowd made their show quite amusing was enjoying it to start with but the songs were quite samey and thought it dragged a bit near the end.

funeral for a friend-was a bit worried what kinda reception they'd getplaying to such a mixed crowd but they were fantastic.one of the best bands of the festival in my opinion,opened with she drove me to daytime tv and finished with escape artists,was a great set,mainly consisted of the stuff from the ep's which was great cos the last few times i've seen them they've mainly been playing album stuff.great pit for the art of american football and a nice high five and hug from matt after escape artists.beautiful.

was gonna go see faithless but took so long getting out of the crowd just ended up getting food instead.

ash-from the second the flying v arrived in an inferno on stage,you knew this was gonna be fun.played a good mix of old and new stuff,stand out tracks for me were a life less ordinary, kung fu and oh yeah.crowd were fun,especially during kung fu,muchos dancing was probably the most fun i had in the crowd during the weekend.

the libertines-quite enjoyed them.they were quite scrappy though,verging on shambolic at times but they were so cool i'd let them off with it.best track was what a waster (sung beautifully by mr fadgin as well!)

muse-oh my god-BLINDING!what a show.EVERYTHING was great,the sound was superb,stage presence,lighting,atmosphere,everything.had goose bumps for the entire set.matt bellamy is a genius.the set flowed seamlessly,visuals were great,HEARTBREAKER RIFF WOOO!citizen erased was my favourite tracks and when the fireworks went up from the other stage during plug in baby it was beautiful.couldn't have asked for a better peorformance-absolutely faultless.

went back to the campsite to drink absynthe and sing pixies,ace.

watched some people fall of bmx's and skateboards.

franz ferdinad-great show,really fresh sound,catchy and extremely cool.very enjoyable

allergo-absolutely fantastic,completely brutal but yet really stylish as well.awesome set,seemed to pull in a good number of people which was great.i really hope this band go on and do great things,awesome performance.

had a really bad bout of hayfever at this point so had to run back to the tent to get antihistimines, missed most of kings of leon but liked what i saw.

the pixies-jesus christ they were amazing.best band of the festival i think.was slightly scared that they might be a bit off being that it's a reunion tour and all but they were absolutely IMMENSE.frank black is an absolute legend,really enjoyed their set,they kept the banter to virtually zero and crammed in as much music as they could,was loving the entire set,especially caribou,bone machine,velouria,where is my mind,monkey gone to heaven,debaser....actually just all of it every single song was amazing.broken face made all the more fun by the previous night's drunken campsite goings on I GOT A BROKEN FAAAAACE!was slightly disappointed by the absence of dig for fire,but when they play a set that good it more than makes up for it.stunning.

snow patrol-couldn't be assed with the strokes,have seen massive attack before so decided to go and check out a band i know pretty much squat about.was very pleasantly surprised.the songs were beautiful,very tight performance-the band seemed genuinely humbled by the crowd they had drawn,was a beautiful,very atmospheric end to a great festival.very nice weekend

EDIT: oh and muchos beeeg apologies to anyone who was on my bus coming home,but that's what the driver gets for asking someone who's clearly still half-wasted and falling asleep for directions.i'm sorry![/quote']

dude! you totally missed out that guy's story about lulu and sean connery, and that psycho dude telling us to fuck off, and our ace (very generous) neighbours, and the karate dude at allergo, and....

Did anyone else have big problems with the sound on the highlights. It kept sounding really wooly, liven up slightly and then go back to muffle mode.

The strange thing is it did this with a definite time period but a different frequency for every band, so my first thought of a badly set compressor on the ambient mics was wrong.

Actually that was my second thought but a quick check of the other channels and the fact that the channel was fine before and after soon ruled out my rather old TV as the cause.

Saturday was rather shit. The highlight of my day was the chicken fajitai got from the mexican place near the NME stage. I watched bits of things, nothing was too impressive. Was superbly pissed to not get into the Slam tent for Basement Jaxx and felix da housecat for some rinsing beats and ended up seeing Josephine in the t-break stage instead of any of the headline acts, caught the pretty little fireworks at the darkness though. Some my cunt raided my tent and stole my 3ltr box of italian job spar red wine, my friends lager, and my girlfriends minky perry. Unfortunatly they returned the perry.

Sunday was great, Goldie looking chain were the best opening act i've seen at T. Theres something incredibly surreal about hearing thousands of people chant "your mother's got a penis" Scissor sisters were discotastic. Franz Ferdinand were mediocre, far better than I had expected. The rapture were lovely, though they should focus on their half arsed electronica, it was much more funkable. PJ harvey was lovely, missed the first two songs or so, and unless she played rid of me then, she didn't play it at all, which was poo, either way I never heard it. The bass was surpremly fucked though and that ruined a few songs, the bassist was rather scary too. I had another fajita and walked around a bit until pixies. Most people have already said how great they were, but what i believe really made them stand out was their work ethic. I don't know how many tracks they played but there was very little pause between tracks. I loved the randomness of their set, it was love in a bucket. Unfortunatly seeing the pixies meant that there was no chance in hell in seeing the chemical brothers in the slam tent. I had to make do with heckling Julian Casablancas from 200m away. Hooded gypsy dancing ensued, and endless laughing at Mr Casablancas lack of stage presence more than made up for missing out on the slam tentage.

I had a magic weekend, fucking ace bands, and even some I thought would be shite, turned out to be great...

buck 65 : (fucking ace, not a single song the same as his LP versions) "food" in a jungle/ragga stylee

pixies : *Bloip*...ah, that good I came in my pants.

scissor sisters : good fun, I wasn't going to bother, but had nothing else to go see. Glad I stuck around

Kings of Leon : glad they played new stuff. Brilliant, can't wait for the new LP.

Franz Ferdinan : good, but all their songs sound the same

faithless : I liked (not usualy!) maxi Jazz was ace, his face said it all (about the number of people watching !)

Wu tang clan : fun for about 15 mins...

Zutons : ace, never thought I'd like them, but checked them out, glad I did!

the delays : very good live (never heard them before)

the Bees : fucking Ace, amazing (shame the darkness Fireworks interrupted!)

Katie Meluah : zzzzzzzzzz

the gliteratti : shite (my balls shrank with embarrasment)

brittish sea power : very good, but they didn't play "apologies to insect life"...bah !

gldie lookin chain : ace ace ace...so good to start the day on a high!

Goldfrapp : very good, solid and sexy...great

the rapture : Public Image Limited anyone ?

razorlite : what's all the fuss about ? balls

I think I can count the shite bands on one hand, and I'd have to take my socks n shoes off for the good ones.

Saw a girl get hit by a bus on the way back to the car in milnathort (stayed in Scotlandwell with a friend)...we were 5 meters behind her, she jumped out intot he road to overtake some drunk people, SMACK...she went flying.

apparently she's ok (the security people told us on Sunday night).

holy smokes !

Unfortunatly seeing the pixies meant that there was no chance in hell in seeing the chemical brothers in the slam tent.

I managed to see them both, but it was a bit of a bolt from the main stage to the slam tent.

The chemical brothers were awesome, i was ultimately impressed by the amazong visuals they had.

The zutons played an awesome set, they were a big surprise, as were brtish sea power...i touched the random drummer's hat :)