aberdeen-music

Cheap Hotels in Aberdeen.

Steven Milne

aside from telling them to wise up, im looking for cheap alternatives.

That is what you should do! Depending on how far ahead you're booking it is worth checking Travelodge for cheaper deals although typically these seem to be less available in Aberdeen than elsewhere. But sometimes, especially weekends.

Brilliant business idea to fund my university career:

put touring bands up for cheaper than hotel but nicer than hostel conditions. I have a living room, which belongs to my landlord, who just happens to be my house mate...

I have never been on tour but the thought of sleeping on floors every night sounds awful. I am probably the worst wannabe rockstar EVER though.

Surely hostels are of a high enough quality to stay in when touring and if these standards don't suffice I would expect a band to have ascertained a relative amount of success to be so picky. Prima-donnas I tell ye, teh lot of them.

• 2 weeks later...

i managed to get a room in the Thistle hotel on union terrace for 39.01, booked 4 days before i stayed there, cheaper than a taxi home for me! was night before the dons game which ended up being cancelled against Falkirk in Dec.

as mentioned previous if you got a saver deal at travelodge that could be cheapest option, especially if you're lucky enough to get deal, obviously depends on the night / when you book. fri-sun tend to be cheaper but occasional 29 deals on other nights...

i managed to get a room in the Thistle hotel on union terrace for 39.01, booked 4 days before i stayed there, cheaper than a taxi home for me! was night before the dons game which ended up being cancelled against Falkirk in Dec.

as mentioned previous if you got a saver deal at travelodge that could be cheapest option, especially if you're lucky enough to get deal, obviously depends on the night / when you book. fri-sun tend to be cheaper but occasional 29 deals on other nights...

I wonder how they got to 39.01? Or is that just a typo? We don't get a fair deal on cheap Travelodges