aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Steven Milne

Cheap Hotels in Aberdeen.

hey guys

i keep needing to find accomodation for bands / reccomend accomodation places.

wheres the cheapest places for people to stay in aberdeen?

Youth Hostel

aye, theyre both about 65 quid a room.

which is ok.

but just thought id post in case somewhere here knew / family ran or worked in a place thatd be cheaper than the standard travelodge / holiday inns.

maybe it was wishful thinking and theyre the cheapest.

aside from telling them to wise up, im looking for cheap alternatives.

That is what you should do! Depending on how far ahead you're booking it is worth checking Travelodge for cheaper deals although typically these seem to be less available in Aberdeen than elsewhere. But sometimes, especially weekends.

Like all Guest Houses maybe difficult to get mid week?

Da ken min. I'm sure Aberdeen's 2 most important promoters can strike some kind of deal.

Surely you could strike a deal with the Royal Hotel just doon the road min? I've used them a couple of times and they've been pretty easy to negotiate with.

Brilliant business idea to fund my university career:

put touring bands up for cheaper than hotel but nicer than hostel conditions. I have a living room, which belongs to my landlord, who just happens to be my house mate...

I have never been on tour but the thought of sleeping on floors every night sounds awful. I am probably the worst wannabe rockstar EVER though.

Surely hostels are of a high enough quality to stay in when touring and if these standards don't suffice I would expect a band to have ascertained a relative amount of success to be so picky. Prima-donnas I tell ye, teh lot of them.

Surely you could strike a deal with the Royal Hotel just doon the road min? I've used them a couple of times and they've been pretty easy to negotiate with.

Cheap though, he said cheap!

i managed to get a room in the Thistle hotel on union terrace for 39.01, booked 4 days before i stayed there, cheaper than a taxi home for me! was night before the dons game which ended up being cancelled against Falkirk in Dec.

as mentioned previous if you got a saver deal at travelodge that could be cheapest option, especially if you're lucky enough to get deal, obviously depends on the night / when you book. fri-sun tend to be cheaper but occasional 29 deals on other nights...

i managed to get a room in the Thistle hotel on union terrace for 39.01, booked 4 days before i stayed there, cheaper than a taxi home for me! was night before the dons game which ended up being cancelled against Falkirk in Dec.

as mentioned previous if you got a saver deal at travelodge that could be cheapest option, especially if you're lucky enough to get deal, obviously depends on the night / when you book. fri-sun tend to be cheaper but occasional 29 deals on other nights...

I wonder how they got to 39.01? Or is that just a typo? We don't get a fair deal on cheap Travelodges

I wonder how they got to 39.01? Or is that just a typo?

I got it through Expedia and think i went through a cashback site to book it so eventually get a further couple of quid back too, 7.5%.