aberdeen-music

Britain Values Nothing: Kraft Takeover of Cadburys

I have been following the Kraft takeover story with trepidation since it was announced, and its coming true, another UK firm with a mainly honourable history and tradition flushed away by short tem asset strippers. The logical conclusion to this trend is that we fill our great buildings with pigshit, say Kings College Chapel for starters, we might get a better price that way, does anyone know the going rates for pigshit storage?

So now I embark on a Quixotic boycott of both Kraft and Cadburys, useless? probably, but I can't be party to such socio-economic vandalism.

And they were undervalued at 850p per share.

My Gran used to do Cadbury's accounts in the 1950s/60s. It's pretty sad that a British institution has been swallowed up by a foreign investor but i doubt that it'll affect the chocolate that they make.

And anyone that says that Double Deckers are mediocre is a lunatic. I'm looking at you Le Stu...:moody:

To clarify my point, it's the chocolate itself that's not so great. Their confectionery products are very good, and I very much enjoy a flake on occasion. However, I went to a real 'mom and pop' chocolate factory once, where they start out from the cacao beans and the difference in quality was quite obvious to me.

Not sure what all the hoohah is about really. It's a publically traded corporation that makes fairly mediocre chocolate. As an article I was reading pointed out, at least it wasn't Hersheys :up:

Hershey chcoloate is pretty foul but some of their bars and stuff are good. The Cookies n Chocolate bars are immense, and I love Hershey Kisses, especially the bars that come in the prism packaging, like Toblerone. They make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as well, which is possibly the only chocolate product that I would actually shag. They can stick their Nutrageous bars up their arse though.

Hershey chcoloate is pretty foul but some of their bars and stuff are good. The cookies n chocolate ones are immense, and I love Hershey Kisses, especially the bars that come in the prism packaging, like Toblerone. They make Reese' Peanut Butter Cups as well, which is possibly the only chocolate product that I would actually shag.

I like the Hesheys with almonds, because almonds in chocolate is genius :up:

I think Hersheys just make Cadburys stuff under license, RF Scott.

To clarify my point, it's the chocolate itself that's not so great. Their confectionery products are very good, and I very much enjoy a flake on occasion. However, I went to a real 'mom and pop' chocolate factory once, where they start out from the cacao beans and the difference in quality was quite obvious to me.

Flakes are gay.

• Upvote 1

While I'll agree that Cadbury is part of British tradition it is more of a multinational corporation in its current guise. They (it?) employ over 70,000 staff worldwide with only 3,000 of those in the UK. It's also publicly owned so it's not really up to anyone but the stockholders and potential investors/buyers to say what the value of the company is. There's nothing to suggest that current ownership is British given that cadbury plc is listed on the NYSE as well as the LSE.

I don't like it but that's how it is.

Let me put it more simplier.

Green & Blacks 85% chocolate is horrible.

In your opinion..i like it,so just because you don't doesn't make it shit! Peace love and harmony brother!