aberdeen-music

Exposure presents... MINNAARS @ Cafe Drummonds // Friday 5 March 2010

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

MINNAARS

MINNAARS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Since they began playing live in 2008, Leicesters math rock/ pop quintet Minnaars have already notched up shows all over the UK and in Europe. Produced by Forward Russias Tom Woodhead, their brand of incessantly catchy, dark-disco-electro-rock fuses pop orientated intricate poly-rhythms with floor shuddering dance beats and has garnered them attention from every aspect of the music industry.

With pending releases in Japan and Europe, numerous UK Festival appearances last year (including Reading, Leeds and Summer Sundae), a European tour and praise being heaped upon them by Radio 1, Xfm and NME, it seems they really are the genuine ones to watch in the next twelve months.

Dancey and direct; very impressive stuff - Artrocker

The Hottest property to come out of Leicester since Kasabian - Radio 1

Right now were loving Busy Hands - NME

What track would I play right now? - Busy Hands by Minnaars - XFM

Last year was all about White Lies. My tip for this year is Minnaars - Mat Horne

What sets Minnaars apart is that they have the tunes and the bravery. Comparisons with Foals, due to a fixation with the bottom 12 frets, I suspect, are wide of the mark. The overly-focused sound of the Oxford indie-math bands debut Antidotes pales in contrast to this. This EP focuses on innovative music which makes you dance, revere and ponder in equal measures - A Box of Words

Im exhausted just listening - Jo Whiley, Radio 1

Friday 5th March

Cafe Drummonds

Doors 9.30pm

Tickets 5

(Tickets available soon from Ticketweb)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone

Like I said, this is going to be awesome. I honestly think this could be one of those "remember when I saw them at Drummonds" type gigs - Minnaars are really fucking good.

The locals are all cracking too.

So aye, get your tickets and stuff. :up:

Guest Gladstone

Peter Docherty Says You Should All Attend This Mind-Blowingly Good Gig On Friday The Fifth Of March At Cafe Drummonds On Belmont Street In Aberdeen. The Doors Should Open At About 9.01pm.

Guest Gladstone

1 week to go until I unleash my DJ "talents" on the world for the first time...

Prior to that though you can see an absolutely tremendous band in MINNAARS!!

And of course, the fantastic Eskimo Blonde, Marionettes and The Ivory Fall in support.

I am very excited about this.

Guest Gladstone

Roughly:

9.15pm-9.45pm - The Ivory Fall

10.00pm-10.30pm - Marionettes

10.45pm-11.30pm - Eskimo Blonde

11.45pm - 12.30am - MINNAARS

12.30am-3.00am - Exposure DJ (me - yes, laptop DJing!)

Guest Gladstone
I just got pissed early doors and seemed to keep playing "Mr Brightside".

Haha. I'm staying away from the bar on Friday. I'll be pulling tracks from my itunes, and there are some really dodgy tracks in there (I won't go into the reasons why they're there, but they are).

Where were you DJing?

Haha. I'm staying away from the bar on Friday. I'll be pulling tracks from my itunes, and there are some really dodgy tracks in there (I won't go into the reasons why they're there, but they are).

Where were you DJing?

It was just a 40th at the tunnels (shock where else do i ever do anything?). I got pelted when i had no Blur (spits).

Was fun though!

Guest Gladstone
It was just a 40th at the tunnels (shock where else do i ever do anything?). I got pelted when i had no Blur (spits).

Was fun though!

No Blur?? Unforgiveable.

Guest Gladstone

This is the morn! I'd love to see you all at Drummonds tomorrow evening.

LOVE IT!

(Hopefully my fucking laptop has sorted itself out by the time I get home tonight...)

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Laptop is working, minnaars were fucking early for soundcheck! In typical drummonds fashion soundcheck hasnt even started yet - hey ho!

Come on down. This is going to be loads of fun!

Guest Gladstone

Jesus Christ, Minnaars were good.

If anyone's on here that's anywhere near Peterhead tonight, I would strongly advise a trip to Mambo's to see Minnaars, and of course the brilliant Velvet Audio and In Atlanta - they're only charging 3, which is a fucking steal.

I was in a bit earlier on to lend a bass amp, and the set up they've got in Mambo's is magic. Absolutely enormous stage area, with raised stage for drum kit, and the guy Phil (who does sound for Cast of the Capital) has rigged up his massive PA system.

Sounds fucking great. Minnaars will blow the roof off the place.

Can't wait!

And can't wait to see In Atlanta live for the first time. Wanted them on last night, but cos they're but just bairns, they were too young to play at Drummonds!