aberdeen-music

Are these known for being shite?

TelecasterSam

Damn you sirrah! To clarify my increasingly meandering point, if you have 8s on a guitar - possibly with relatively high frets - and you are not Jimmy Page, less experienced players are reasonably likely to bend them out of tune with an over-enthusiastic attempt at a chord.

Seems you have already done all which I would have brought up (checked machinehead tightness, restrung properly, stretched in strings, graphite to the nut).

The only other thing that could cause slipping as well would be if the nut slots have been opened up incorrectly from varying string gauge (I've seen many examples of people putting heavy strings - 12-56 for example - onto guitars that have the nut opened up for 10s.). This would cause some trouble. Normally a needle file is used to evenly open the slot rather than letting a thicker string dig in and opening up the slot in an unbalanced manner.

If you are still struggling with it, I can easily have a look at it either in or outwith R&B if you like. :up:

The only other thing that could cause slipping as well would be if the nut slots have been opened up incorrectly from varying string gauge (I've seen many examples of people putting heavy strings - 12-56 for example - onto guitars that have the nut opened up for 10s.). This would cause some trouble. Normally a needle file is used to evenly open the slot rather than letting a thicker string dig in and opening up the slot in an unbalanced manner.

ooops! Ive done this quite a lot.