aberdeen-music

Grooveshark - Spotify alternative

Sam 45

If you don't know about it, Grooveshark is worth checking out. Online music streaming through a website, no need to download an application. I'm still learning the ins and outs but the radio function is really good, it recommends tracks based on what you've been listening to. For example, i listened to a Fleet Foxes track and since then it has conjured up, Bon Iver, Surfjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, Okkervil River and Bowerbirds. Well worth checking out.

Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming

• Upvote 1

seems alright. Used to use deezer before spotify and this seems like a better version of that. How is it legal?

Not completely sure. EMI tried to sue them in 09 and 6 months later signed a licensing deal with them. I'm guessing its on the grounds that it recommends people music...

I'm not sure about differences with Last.fm, i got completely sick of that site, it seemed to be full of 30 second previews and not many full tracks.

The interface isn't amazing but considering what you can do it's pretty good.

I'm not sure about differences with Last.fm, i got completely sick of that site, it seemed to be full of 30 second previews and not many full tracks.

Glad i'm not the only one.

Last fm seemed good for recommending other bands u might like. I remember I came across a site ages ago, like properly ages ago, in the netscape days even, where you plugged in a bunch of bands you liked and it came up with a cloud diagram connecting all the bands with other suggestions. So like if you plugged in a rapper and a rock band somewhere in the diagram between the two would be something like Cypress HIll. Points if anyone who can find it coz I remember it being ace.