aberdeen-music

Underage Paradise City

djcaptain

And just before anyone goes you went to a club when you were underage, the first time i honestly went to a club was when i was 18.

Besides this isnt my point. It is beyond a joke how many clubs are letting people under the age of 18 in. Are the bouncers fucking retarded?

Last month i was in a club (not saying which one) and counted at least 30 people who are under 18. And i know this because i run the under 18's rock night in aberdeen.

You might not care or think this is petty, but when your club gets stripped of its license and you have nowhere to go then how will you feel?

The police are cracking down hard this year, so lets all try and keep it above board yeah? i think some people know who iam talking about.

Last month i was in a club (not saying which one) and counted at least 30 people who are under 18. And i know this because i run the under 18's rock night in aberdeen.

Maybe your club just lets in over 18's? Ever thought of that, eh? EH?

This is a weird place to air this gripe! Especially with the vague 'you know who I'm talking about' !! Maybe just email the person(s) in question?!!

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that a lot of people go to clubs/pubs/gigs/cinema when they're underage. Unless you ID absolutely everyone, then there's always going to be people slipping through. As you yourself said, you 'knew' because you run an underage rock night. Not everyone runs an underage rock night as far as I know, so it wouldn't have been as obvious!

I know i'm just fresh 18, but i started going into clubs when i was round about 17 with my mates who were all old enough (i was just a young un of my friends). I don't think it's so much a problem if they are all behaving themselves and not stripping off and dancing on the tables after half a pint. Obviously 30 is a bit extreme, but i've never seen anything to that extent.

Ever been to Liquid?

Its Rites of Passage etc, for me, pubs at 15, clubs at 16 (this is ancient history now), my tip for the top? Drink some old mans drink, I went for McEwans or other Export, no-one expects a kid of 15 to be on Export (and look older than they were). Dead giveaway, taking ages to choose your drink, its no a fuckin pic n mix, or drinking some sickly shite.*

What, this isn't for advice on how to get served!??

*Dudes only, girls are the raison d'etre of sickly drink.

Its Rites of Passage etc, for me, pubs at 15, clubs at 16 (this is ancient history now), my tip for the top? Drink some old mans drink, I went for McEwans or other Export, no-one expects a kid of 15 to be on Export (and look older than they were). Dead giveaway, taking ages to choose your drink, its no a fuckin pic n mix, or drinking some sickly shite.*

What, this isn't for advice on how to get served!??

*Dudes only, girls are the raison d'etre of sickly drink.

Mcewans tastes 100% better than tennents, truly underrated