aberdeen-music

I'm giving spiderland by slint a spin

johnzornssax

For me, Explosions in the Sky sum-up all the problems that are symptomatic of the post-rock genre as a whole. Boring, drawn-out, pedestrian-paced songs that spend an ice-age building towards another yawn-worthy crescendo. There are some bands in the genre doing genuinely interesting things (and Mogwai's first album is probably one of my all-time favourites) but I've spent money on two EITS albums and they just bore the shit outta me.

Rush are another band that a lot of people seem to love. I don't care how well Neil Peart can drum or how complex their arrangements are - they're songs are rubbish, especially "The Trees". Who writes songs about trees anyway? Pretentious fucks.

Pond, a brilliant drone pop band from years ago on sub pop wrote a song called tree, and it's pretty good. Think it's on spotify. Rest of the LP is worth having also, great vocal harmonies and bludgeoning semi eastern tuning rock guitar.

see ya!