aberdeen-music

Adobe Flash Player

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Just about everything I click on at the moment seems to require that I download Adobe Flash Player, which I've tried to do, but it's not working. It goes through the process, and says download complete, bla bla bla, but then it still doesn't work.

Myspace was the first place I noticed that I needed an updated flash player to listen to bands' songs, but there have been a few other things as well - which used to work on this very PC (at work).

I would ask IT but I don't have a genuine work related reason for needing flash player at the moment - I can't very well go to them and tell them the myspace player isn't working...

Any ideas or ways round this (without breaking anything...!)

Cheers :up:

Guest Gladstone
this happened to me,

go on to youtube and try and watch a video. does it tell you that javascript is turned off?

"Hello, either you have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "

I sometimes get this problem. The best thing to do is use the uninstaller program for it which can be found here

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control

Then install the latest version of flash player.

If it work keep a copy of the uninstaller program on your computer cause you will probably need it again.

Hope this helps!

Go into control panel, and click on Internet Options. Click on the "Security" tab. Make sure the "Internet" globe icon is highlighted. Click on the "Custom Level..." button to bring up the security options for your browser. Search through the menu for the "Active scripting" option. Make sure "Enable" is selected. Click the OK button. Close this window and try youtube or myspace again.

hope this helps you out

Guest Gladstone
Do you have administrative rights on your computer? Have you ever installed your own programs on the computer?

I don't have administrative rights, but I have downloaded the odd program now and again - can't think off the top of my head what, but I've definitely done it before. Reason I remember is that I was surprised at being able to download something on a work pc.