aberdeen-music

why do you guys sound like Iron Maiden?

Guest Binsex

Its quite funny, i just saw the words "why do you guys sound..." i and i thought to myself, i bet thats some tosser on our forum asking why we sound so much like Maiden again. Shockingly enough...

It's not intentional in the slightest, we certainly did not set out thinking 'i know lets go and rip off Iron Maiden...'

Yes Maiden are one of our influences, in fact they are prolly the only band we all totally have in common, but bands like Dream Theater and Metallica are also massive influences. Personally, I dont really even see such a close comparison between us and maiden... we're a fuckload heavier for a start.

Yes certain things can be drawn between the 2 bands, like ooh 3 guitarists, lots of vocal and guitar harmonies and big ass stuck in your head chorus melodies, but really... "an intentional clone band" get a grip.

MerryChristmas, if I didn't know already that you were one of the biggest tools that our city has to offer I might actually have been annoyed... but fortunately, we all know that you're an ass-rimming, cock-gobbling, turd-burgling, jobby-jamming buttmuncher :)

And binsex, when was the last time you heard us?! I don't sound like any Iron Maiden singer, and our songs are hardly rip-offs of their songs... get a fucking grip and come back when you can write your own entirely orginal album full of ten-minute prog epics. You judgementla fool...

Manowar?! Come on, we may have, as you put it "a hint of cheese" but we're hardly on a par with those homo-erotic cheese farmers :laughing:

Thanks for your opinion though, it's nice to know that someone can see that having guitar harmonies does not automatically qualify us as an Iron Maiden rip-off band...

If we're taking the yet - to - be released album into consideration, then we sound like Rush, Opeth, Cradle of Filth, AC/DC, Maiden, Metallica, Led Zep and Dream Theater, amongst others.

Above all, we sound like a band that has a shit load of fun doing what we do and we're not about to change what we're doing because a few people think we're Maiden clones.

I think this album will surprise alot of people, most of all our Atomites. Hope you enjoy it!

If we're taking the yet - to - be released album into consideration' date=' then we sound like Rush, Opeth, Cradle of Filth, AC/DC, Maiden, Metallica, Led Zep and Dream Theater, amongst others.

Above all, we sound like a band that has a shit load of fun doing what we do and we're not about to change what we're doing because a few people think we're Maiden clones.

I think this album will surprise alot of people, most of all our Atomites. Hope you enjoy it![/quote']

ooooo i dont like surprises :(

hope its not too different!

NAH NAH NAH KEP LOTS OF SYNTHS THE MORE THE BETTER THE MUSIC !!!!!!!!

COME ONNNNNN

Manowar .... they look gay yes , i was of course refering to their music not their on stage persona but Len in furry boots , a leather waistcoat and a mace would be have my cock stricken with rigor mortis.

Guest alex.
MerryChristmas' date=' if I didn't know already that you were one of the biggest tools that our city has to offer I might actually have been annoyed... but fortunately, we all know that you're an ass-rimming, cock-gobbling, turd-burgling, jobby-jamming buttmuncher :)[/quote']

in my childish simplicity i made a mess of the computer monitor from laughing whilst reading this. :D thanks!

but yeah, dan has told me a couple of times why atom don't sound solely like maiden, but that of course you use techniques they do. hell, with dan in weapon he's used plenty of maiden-esque harmonies. it's all good.

www.purevolume.com/mymindsweapon for evidence of harmonies etc... ;)