aberdeen-music

Haiti Earthquake

Haiti, where mud isn't just used for building

Yummy

mudcakes2.jpg

It's their governments fault, too much corruption for too long

When people are as poor as Haitians you know they will get greedy and use banditry to rob the supply chains of aid denying others of anything useful and making the mud cake bakers rich

Haiti, where mud isn't just used for building

Yummy

mudcakes2.jpg

It's their governments fault, too much corruption for too long

When people are as poor as Haitians you know they will get greedy and use banditry to rob the supply chains of aid denying others of anything useful and making the mud cake bakers rich

Yeah mate, all the Haitians are using banditry to rob the supply chains of aid. Also, I'd look to most of the Western powers for major factors in Haiti's poverty...

Yeah mate, all the Haitians are using banditry to rob the supply chains of aid. Also, I'd look to most of the Western powers for major factors in Haiti's poverty...

Its terrible isnt it. if the leaders of it wernae so corrupted they could ave had a pretty country. France former colonies do look like they have a shit time i rekon its the language

English only became the world language because it doesnt have any gendered words and is easier to learn

all the shitty countries speak spanish-mexico then portugeese-brasil then french-haiti then english-guyana, usa.

terrible events out there of which there is no issue.

but is it necessary for all them A list stars to come out the closet and do things for charity??? and simon cowell doing a charidee record? please god no...

a better idea would be for them to donate a million quid of their individual wealth and leave us all alone.

also as usual when there is a crisis elsewhere in the world suddenly governments seem to have spare cash to donate and we're awashed with pleas to part with our money. it's like the recession has been thrown out the window and discarded .

i don't mean to sound cruel and heartless (though probably do) I do think we should give aid but it's the way it's being done pisses me off. on a news report on the radio this morning they reported that george clooney was manning the phones at some charidee gig in the states. big fucking deal...

terrible events out there of which there is no issue.

but is it necessary for all them A list stars to come out the closet and do things for charity??? and simon cowell doing a charidee record? please god no...

a better idea would be for them to donate a million quid of their individual wealth and leave us all alone.

also as usual when there is a crisis elsewhere in the world suddenly governments seem to have spare cash to donate and we're awashed with pleas to part with our money. it's like the recession has been thrown out the window and discarded .

i don't mean to sound cruel and heartless (though probably do) I do think we should give aid but it's the way it's being done pisses me off. on a news report on the radio this morning they reported that george clooney was manning the phones at some charidee gig in the states. big fucking deal...

It's annoying but the fact is that this is the best way to raise huge sums of money. Obviously we're cool and know better, but the general plebs out there love to see a celebrity doing stuff like this and will gladly shell out for it. The first Band-Aid raised something like 150 million - even if you could get one megastar to just donate a million, you're not likely to find 150 of them...

George Clooney giving a million = total 1 million. George Clooney going on TV for an hour or two pretending to answer the phone = many many millions...

It's annoying but the fact is that this is the best way to raise huge sums of money. Obviously we're cool and know better, but the general plebs out there love to see a celebrity doing stuff like this and will gladly shell out for it. The first Band-Aid raised something like 150 million - even if you could get one megastar to just donate a million, you're not likely to find 150 of them...

George Clooney giving a million = total 1 million. George Clooney going on TV for an hour or two pretending to answer the phone = many many millions...

I do see your point frosty, I just irritated at the ethos of charity involving celebrities. that bob geldof has a lot to answer for with that rather large can of worms he opened in 1984!

• 2 weeks later...