aberdeen-music

Pallas

GraemeC

Gosh but thats a good idea... or is it, do they have a house pa and is it any good? the last show I caught in there the pa and lights were shit!!

Alas, i can't help with the info on the rig in there but i'm sure they would be able to supply you with the necessary info. You could always hire a PA rig i guess, but that could be costly. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Guest Gladstone

Do you happen to have a direct phone number for Ben? I can phone a generic number and be passed through to him - I'll give him a chance to read and reply to my e-mail first though. There was a lot of info in the e-mail - I quite like typing it all out to make sure I don't miss anything...!

As for Beach Ballroom - possibly worth a PM to kingofdeon on here who's been dealing with the Live @ The Beach gigs - he should have a bit more info about the place.

Do you happen to have a direct phone number for Ben? I can phone a generic number and be passed through to him - I'll give him a chance to read and reply to my e-mail first though. There was a lot of info in the e-mail - I quite like typing it all out to make sure I don't miss anything...!

As for Beach Ballroom - possibly worth a PM to kingofdeon on here who's been dealing with the Live @ The Beach gigs - he should have a bit more info about the place.

No just the lemon tree number got right through...

one problem with that is they have songs longer that the support slot!!!

Maybe that is the problem.

I am a fan of a lot of music, but prog is down the list. It would be a good idea to generate interest on the local radio as already mentioned. If there are fans out there they might make the point of coming if they know about it. I was on another website last week and I saw Pallas mentioned on there, and how people in America like them and are still popular in the states etc.

As for a Venue, why not try their old stomping ground of the Big G in Peterhead......oh min that's the wrong era!:up:

Maybe that is the problem.

I am a fan of a lot of music, but prog is down the list. It would be a good idea to generate interest on the local radio as already mentioned. If there are fans out there they might make the point of coming if they know about it. I was on another website last week and I saw Pallas mentioned on there, and how people in America like them and are still popular in the states etc.

As for a Venue, why not try their old stomping ground of the Big G in Peterhead......oh min that's the wrong era!:up:

Ha ha... they are dinosaurs right enough...but entertaining ones, and not dangerous at all (that may be a lie)

G...

Guest Motleyal

Is it true that Pallas were originally called Rainbow, then had to change their name cos Richie Blackmore pinched it?

My uncle's missus did the artwork for the "arrive alive" album. (i think it was the album, may have been the single)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'd say the lemon tree or the forum. Where did Hedgehog Pie play when they did their reunion shows? That could be a possible marker for Pallas.

I'd also get in touch with Brian Scott who does the Friday Burn Up show on Shmu FM, he plays Pallas a lot and would drum up publicity.

Is it true that Pallas were originally called Rainbow, then had to change their name cos Richie Blackmore pinched it?

My uncle's missus did the artwork for the "arrive alive" album. (i think it was the album, may have been the single)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'd say the lemon tree or the forum. Where did Hedgehog Pie play when they did their reunion shows? That could be a possible marker for Pallas.

I'd also get in touch with Brian Scott who does the Friday Burn Up show on Shmu FM, he plays Pallas a lot and would drum up publicity.

Yes they were called Rainbow... a local promoter from the 70's suggested the name to them when they started doing the country circuit...

Is there any way you could put me in touch with your uncles wife... I think the band would be excited to make contact with her after all these years.

G...

Guest Gladstone
I wonder why nobody's suggested the Warehouse.

I'd hazard a guess that a band trying to attract fans from 20 years ago to a comeback gig wouldn't be best to play at Warehouse.

It would really need to be at a place like Lemon Tree or Beach Ballroom where the old fans can instantly associate with. (In my opinion).

I saw them back in the Rainbow/early Pallas days, and was once on an obscure local album with Niall guesting on 1 track.

Although not my cup of tea, I might still haul the old carcass along for old times' sake. I think Graeme's shout of the Warehouse isn't bad actually (although I've always enjoyed the odd gig at the Beach Ballroom, from Beggar's Opera to Primal Scream)