aberdeen-music

Gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow

GraemeC

Im a bit out of touch and would like someone to list popular gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow with 300ish capacity and a good size stage....

Oh and a decent pa...

G...

I was at the ABC 2 in Glasgow last year and it was kind of that size, a bit like the lemon tree, and had a good PA (unless the group that were playing suplimented it).

Im a bit out of touch and would like someone to list popular gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow with 300ish capacity and a good size stage....

Oh and a decent pa...

G...

The first floor of the Classic Grand in Glasgow holds 250, it's far from my favourite place to watch a gig though. ABC2 is 350. Oran Mor is about 300 when the sides are bordered off, when they arn't it's about 550. Good PA in there like. Tuts is roughly 280, it's fucking rubbish in there though. Mono would be a good size round about the 300 mark at a push, you'd need to supply a good PA for there though.

As for Edinburgh goes, i think yer best bet is the Cab Vol or The Caves, i'm not very clued up on Edinburgh though so i imagine someone better will advise.

Guest Gladstone

Any advance on this for Edinburgh in particular?? Jon?

The Underkills are hoping to get a couple of Edinburgh/Glasgow gigs this year...

How is the GRV? I kind of know the guy that books the bands in there, so was hoping he could swing a favour my way...