aberdeen-music

ampeg 810 flightcased

liamtw

dude liamtw, you should get an award for you haggling technique!! i'm taking notes as my own selling usually goes something like:

me: i'd like 700 for it

buyer: hmmm i'll give you a tenner for it.

me: i'd need a bit more than that

buyer: i'll chuck in a mars bar

me: sold!!

buyer: awsome, oh i have no money btw and cant ever pay you

me: thats cool........ :down:

high quality big cabs that are this reliable and well built generally have a poor sell on price because

a) they always come up because people can't house/transport em and need to shift em quickly

b) it doesn't matter if they are covered in gashes or brand new, they still sound great, why pay more?

c) why pay for a flight case when they are rock fucking solid and still sound great after being thrown down the stairs?? the only people that need a flight case are people who take them on flights and in this day and age, no bastard flies these around when they can hire em

I know I'd be looking to buy one at 500 and not a great deal more

If you were to flog the flight case separate, you would make more money

cheers for the advice i might just try shift the case and the cab seperate!! bit of a pain its a bit snug hahaha !!! anywhooo i'll probs hold onto it for a bit longer maybe whack it up in a few music shops down here in glasgow hopefully someone wants it lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...