aberdeen-music

Warehouse VS Korova

djcaptain

• 4 months later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie
I actually forgot about Korova on a Saturday. But I'm not a fan. Would be better if it were on the bottom floor. But I suppose they need to make room for the dance beats...

amen. can't believe we have to bow down to those neds on the bottom floor with their 'nnn-tsss' shit.

:headbang:

Designate Degree in Computer Science from RGU (was still called RGIT back when I started the course). Only a designate as I went down with glandular fever in my final year. In spite of that I passed all but one subject which I failed by 1%. Lecturer/cunt wouldn't budge so they gave me choice of resit that exam or accept designate degree. I chose the lazy option of course.

Highers

English - B

Maths - C (over 2 years)

Physics - C

Chemistry - C

Standard Grades (we were the first year ever to sit these)

Computing - 1

English - 1

Chemistry - 1

Maths - 2

Physics - 2

History - 3

German - 3

Ordinary Grade

Art & Design - C

Ok iam just going to set the record straight here because i have been through this before when alt nation took over the classic grand and there was this whole "battle" with the cathouse. In which the end both clubs stopped trying to one up each other and now both run very busy nights which people enjoy.

As far as iam concerned korova have a really good rock night that people enjoy going to on a friday night, ben and hendo are good djs and giving away all the signed shit in the world dosent mean a god damn thing because if those 2 could lay down then people wouldnt go.

On the flip side there is just as many people go the Warehouse and love it there. Sandy and myself have lots of fun and giving away signed shit isnt why we are in it, its because we fucking love to rock and make people rock.

At the end of the day aberdeen is a pretty boring city compared to glasgow, manchester, london and having a choice is a bloody good thing.

So as far as iam concerned lets just chill out and have a good time with a jager in hand and a beasting tune in our ear....... no matter which club you go to.

Ok love you all Captain

x

If Aberdeen is "pretty boring" compared to Glasgow,Manchester,London....go live in Glasgow,Manchester or London. :up:

i'm not going to add my exam results in... not sure where that came from... and stopped reading after that actually..

as it happens, i was taken back to a time when there wasn't two rock clubs to argue about going to.. (although now the moorings is open late.. maybe 3?)

when we started laying down some rockin' tunes in the bassment (henry j's) people often said to me.... ' got onnay o at Oasis? ' 'play some Stone Roses' 'aye, fuck is this shite?!'

then a few months later, i remember standing in the middle of the room... looking around... thinking... hmmm.. everyone in here likes the music...

then it was like

'Play something heavier!'

'Got any converge?'

'Whats the heaviest thing you can play' etc. etc.

It's a wonderful time.

:rockon:

i might be a dreamer...

but i think...

you should all just get along

:]

Standard Grades = Really good.

Various qualifications received throughout the years from past employers. Depending on how things pan out this year with the economical stability and so forth I hope to get my RGIT sorted by 2011.

Don't forget yer MIST! Think you get a discount (or it may even be free) when booked with the BOSIET. Worth checking when you book! :up:

Guest idol_wild
So a few months have past sine my rant lol. I think both clubs are doing well and everyone that goes out now seems to enjoy the choice.

your thoughts?

Just post your exam results already, yeah?

A friend of mine wanted to go to Warehouse last night, so I joined with much deeply contained excitement. Cue boredom. Then find out some dickhead has just helped himself into my friends purse and tool her phone and money. The cunt even took the change and some foreign coins she had. Winner of the scumfuck of the year award.

I hear korova has won this battle for good. Anyone got any info or is it a rumour?

Yep heard about this too.

The world of Facebook has said that they were getting noise complaints from Riley's and they couldn't afford to refurb to sort it. But that's Facebook. If it is the case it's strange that this has only happened recently.

They seemed to be gaining quite a bit of popularity in the club nights and the number of gigs going on seemed to have picked up again.