aberdeen-music

Warehouse VS Korova

djcaptain

Ok iam just going to set the record straight here because i have been through this before when alt nation took over the classic grand and there was this whole "battle" with the cathouse. In which the end both clubs stopped trying to one up each other and now both run very busy nights which people enjoy.

As far as iam concerned korova have a really good rock night that people enjoy going to on a friday night, ben and hendo are good djs and giving away all the signed shit in the world dosent mean a god damn thing because if those 2 could lay down then people wouldnt go.

On the flip side there is just as many people go the Warehouse and love it there. Sandy and myself have lots of fun and giving away signed shit isnt why we are in it, its because we fucking love to rock and make people rock.

At the end of the day aberdeen is a pretty boring city compared to glasgow, manchester, london and having a choice is a bloody good thing.

So as far as iam concerned lets just chill out and have a good time with a jager in hand and a beasting tune in our ear....... no matter which club you go to.

Ok love you all Captain

x

Tangent:

AltNation didn't take over the Classic Grand. One of the three partners who currently run the Classic Grand does also own AltNation, but as a completely separate business venture.

Here, wait a sec, are you the same DJ Captain that did/does Cathouse Sundays (or was it the Unders?) with Am-Y?

*edit* Nevermind, reading user profiles can be useful.

I didn't think there had been any 'competition' between the Cathouse and Classic Grand.

I haven't been to a clubnight in Moshulu since it became Warehouse, but I'm sure both Korova and the rock night at Warehouse will be equally well attended. People like to have choice. It gets boring going to the same place after a while.

This seems a bit pointless. Bit of cheeky promotion eh?! :up:

Is there not only like 3 people on this forum that have actually 'taken sides'?

Somebody told me what the story was with the new Warehouse thing starting, but I was pretty cut and I can't remember much. Mind it was something to do with the boy who started it getting fucked over though. Somebody else should elaborate on this gloriously useful titbit.

Internet drama not worth it, IMO.

So, who's got the stickiest fucking carpet, anyway?

More importantly, in which one have I been turned down by the most amount of girls? I like to keep check on the ratio, y'know, to improve my chances.

So, no sticky carpets then?

No carpet but floor in Warehouse is sticky at the bar and like ice on the dance floor. It's quite an impressive feat really. No carpets in Korova either from what I remember.

I like Korova cos it's usually cold inside. That to me = win. Really hot night clubs suck

No carpet but floor in Warehouse is sticky at the bar and like ice on the dance floor. It's quite an impressive feat really. No carpets in Korova either from what I remember.

It's worrying but very few people consider such things or think about them deeply. Moshulu was different. You definitely knew about the floor. Indeed, if you stood still too long on it you were gripped with terror that it would consume you like some fucked up carnivorous plant.

*I don't know about this new place. I've started drinking Guinness.

i was in warehouse for the very first rock nite and went to the bar and when i went to walk away one of my shoes stayed behind :up:

i think people are taking this 'fued' far too seriously, but its done nothing but good for both clubs. i cant speak numbers for warehouse but the korova rock nite has continued to be at/or close to maximum capasity. and i think it will be good for people to have a choice and it will make it more likely to get deals from both clubs

i would also like to state that this 'fued' doesnt affect the feelings both pr teams have for each other :love:

Rival Schools was awesome on the Playstation, though I only had the Jap version that I got from a carboot sale that I got from some ned in a beanie hat was trying pretty hard to convince me it was better than Tekken, so I never really had a clue what was going on.

Was it ever released over here? I don't care about nightclubs, so let's talk about this.