aberdeen-music

Snow

Le Stu

Greece = Kebab (or is that Turkey??)

Actually, the modern doner kebab (i.e. meat wrapped in pitta) was invented in Germany by a Turkish gentleman to give drunken revellers something to eat on the walk home. He passed away only last year. He also invented the yoghurt sauce that goes along with it. I'm gonna accept it though seeing as Greece has since become famed for the 'Gyros'.

you know some people believe that the ice age is not completely over yet, and that the reason that the ice caps are melting is because the ice age is now coming to an end

I also read on wikipedia that some scientists theorise polar bears aren't actually a species, but rather a variation of brown bear that becomes more successful when the ice is advancing.

So, we shouldn't feel bad for them. And they eat people anyway so fuck 'em.

Is there a correlation between peninsulan land masses and cutlery-free food i'm wondering? Italy gave us pizza, Cornwall the pastie... that's all i've got, it's a theory in progress.

Kent - the sandwich.

The thing with all this snow stuff is that the Aberdeen area is not the worst hit by all this, it's been much worse further south. I know that Newcastle and Northumberland in general has seen loads more snow than we have and it's still getting worse, I've got friends and family down there and they're all reporting over a foot of snow has come down and hung around since the new year. On top of that we're better equipped up here to deal with it because it's expected to get somewhat arctic in the winter whereas in those parts it's not guaranteed to snow at all over the winter period so snowfall on this scale isn't so easy to plan for.

I'm still bored by all the coverage on t'news but that doesn't mean it isn't valid.

Kent - the sandwich.

The thing with all this snow stuff is that the Aberdeen area is not the worst hit by all this, it's been much worse further south. I know that Newcastle and Northumberland in general has seen loads more snow than we have and it's still getting worse, I've got friends and family down there and they're all reporting over a foot of snow has come down and hung around since the new year. On top of that we're better equipped up here to deal with it because it's expected to get somewhat arctic in the winter whereas in those parts it's not guaranteed to snow at all over the winter period so snowfall on this scale isn't so easy to plan for.

I'm still bored by all the coverage on t'news but that doesn't mean it isn't valid.

I spent the week between Christmas and new year (including new year weekend) in Gateshead, and it really wasn't all that bad. New Year day was probably the worst while i was there (walking to the Sage from the International Stadium was fun!!), but even driving there and back via the A68 was fine (admittedly i missed the worst of the weather that hit the borders). From what my GF is saying the weather isn't too bad in Gateshead but outer lying areas are probably worse.

Yeah i went up about 6 days ago. Was pretty nice but they've had a lot more snowfall since then and they opened Glas Maol the day after i went up.

Ace. I keep getting snow reports in my inbox and im itching to go. Only got one day in last year. It was torrential sleet and the slopes were chockablock, so not the greatest.