aberdeen-music

Heller State - New Songs.

Aaron_Robertson

right, i've stayed an outsider on this beforehand, bit of dissing of my band doesn't really affect me, any sane person knows that not everyone on the planet likes the same thing, its just something you deal with.

but i have realised tonight that this whole thread is not just about bands, but has become a personal matter, for reasons i cannot understand.

i'd just like to say how childish this whole thing is, its beyond a joke.

certain people's behaiviour in a certain club tonight proved to me that people can no longer appreciate criticism.

i took the time to listen to the songs linked, and i feel that they are cliched, show no forward movement, and are just generally dull. but that's just my opinion. the punk scene has moved forward a lot in the past ten years, even the pop punk scene.

my opinions are not a dig at anyone, simply my opinion.

and i'm man enough to deal with anyone disliking my band, i don't expect everyone to like it.

sorry about the essay post, i just don't get how people can be so uptight about opinions, i mean, everyone's got one, surely your own view upon yourself is what matters, not what anyone else thinks?

ps certain people need to grow up.

• Upvote 1

look at me! I can play a beatdown!

that means im clearly more talented than anyone else on this forum.

arrogant cunt.

Funny thing about this Quote is,

Ive now seen your other band "Autumn in disguise"

Arron and your drummer are real good,

But you play fucking tonnes of beatdowns,

where as, Grader, Dead End and Escape to victory as far as im aware, have none.

sound.

Thats my last on the subject.

Funny thing about this Quote is,

Ive now seen your other band "Autumn in disguise"

Arron and your drummer are real good,

But you play fucking tonnes of beatdowns,

where as, Grader, Dead End and Escape to victory as far as im aware, have none.

sound.

Thats my last on the subject.

You know whats funny?

You could have said all this to my face last night, because i saw you, but instead you hide behind a computer.

I had an awesome night last night. And a lot of people said a lot of good things about AID.

I think you need to stop holding a grudge and calm doon min.

I have nothing against any of the bands you mentioned.

Dead End are really nice guys - and i only really know Paul from E2V, and hes awesome too. As far as Grader goes, ive known John scince school - but i dont know thes rest. But i like their music.

Theres no point in fighting anymore - i just want to play music and have fun doing it.

And that dude from Iname who mentions growing up? I really have no idea about what youre talking about when you say "behaviour in a certain club" (take it you mean Korova)

Because ive never even met you before.

Me and Ben (your drummer) have hated each other since school - so thats nothing new.

Never even spoke to him last night. So wise up.

Thanks to everyone who stuck around to see us last night :)

And thanks to Dead End who shared their cabs with us.

dont think i noticed anyone being particularly immature at korova on sat nite? that said, i was pretty hammered myself!

relative to the thread, i think "open stars" is the best heller state song :up:

I think there may be some confusion!!??

I don't drum for Grader! Fraser is in Grader.

Ross, Matt (mattador) is the guy in my band. Anyway, I can't speak for Matt but I don't think he really needed to bring it all up on here again...his choice I guess.

We did briefly speak, but i was wasted so I can't really remember what it was all about. I don't hate you. If we were to chat while sober about your music I'd say exactly what I said on here - its just an opinion. In this thread all I did was say that I don't like the music your band makes. Several times the thread was ripping into you and I tried to stear it back to the topic: feedback (both positive and negative) for your songs.

Can we leave it there folks before this descends into an 'internet hardman' slagging match? Good luck to Heller State, love them or hate them.

• 4 months later...