aberdeen-music

Heller State - New Songs.

Aaron_Robertson

Its cooler than your shite band.

And its how my voice comes out.

so shut the fuck up you fucking cunt.

and at least im playing something different to aberdeens' boring hardcore scene, which at the moment is saturated with wannabees, who spend all day on myspace seeing who has more tattoos.

look at me! I can play a beatdown!

that means im clearly more talented than anyone else on this forum.

arrogant cunt.

plus i saw your band, and they sucked dick live.

im not saying were good live, i never have - all im saying is you suck.

umm..we're really nothing to do with the hardcore scene, that comparison is pretty funny.

and also, we didn't suck dick, we played music, there's quite a difference.

huw, cheers! yeah i know we're kinda uninspired with the delivery and such, we're just dipping our toes into the whole idea of using vocals, hopefully they'll improve in time!

ps i forgot how funny this forum can be :]

I retract my earlier statement, after having read my earlier comment I was being too fair. Before you make fun of me you underage 19 year old, I know I'm in an indie band and that might come across as "not your thing", but I am a massive massive green day fan along with many other punk bands, yet I don't actually try to sound like my idols, fuck me if I wanted to sound like Kurt Cobain I'd take a heap of smack until I can barely speak, and probably swallow a flanger pedal at the same time. But please for your own good stop trying to sound like Billy Joe and Tom Delonge's lovechild, that means you want to be called Billy Delonge.............that's not a cool name now is it? By the way, your bass player looks like a piranha in his DP on your page....MEGAFUCKINGLOLZZZZZZ

• Upvote 1

I retract my earlier statement, after having read my earlier comment I was being too fair. Before you make fun of me you underage 19 year old, I know I'm in an indie band and that might come across as "not your thing", but I am a massive massive green day fan along with many other punk bands, yet I don't actually try to sound like my idols, fuck me if I wanted to sound like Kurt Cobain I'd take a heap of smack until I can barely speak, and probably swallow a flanger pedal at the same time. But please for your own good stop trying to sound like Billy Joe and Tom Delonge's lovechild, that means you want to be called Billy Delonge.............that's not a cool name now is it? By the way, your bass player looks like a piranha in his DP on your page....MEGAFUCKINGLOLZZZZZZ

You just dropped yourself to his level there.

I think Iname are something different and very good at what they do, something I (my own opinon) think Heller state don't offer! A couple of ritalin along with this comment should do you fine Roscoe.

something different?

we are the only band in aberdeen playing punk rock in a standard tuning at the moment.

And as for the green day comments - i dont put on a voice, its the way it comes out.

The american accent - sure i admit that listening back, but its not done on purpose.

I suppose not everyone is going to like us.... i just have fun playing the music we play, and im proud of it.

Im glad i play something different instead of being fashionable two steppers.... not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

We got those recordings done live - and i think for the cash we spent we got a good result.

We just wanted people to hear out music, and its kinda funny considering the tracks on our myspace maybe dont capture our sound as well as they should. We recorded 15 tracks, and we are still waiting to get the other 9 back........ so wait and see til then. and if you hate it - that's fine if you like it even better.

P.S.

Listen to Avoid The Morning

Quite alright! There is maybe 2 of our songs that is not in standard tuning. Im pretty sure Hijacks play in standard tuning though I could be wrong...

You lean something new every day!

The Highjacks do yeah, but then again thats more ska-punk.

still punk rock though.

although havent seen or heard from them in a while which total sucks!

Its cooler than your shite band.

And its how my voice comes out.

so shut the fuck up you fucking cunt.

and at least im playing something different to aberdeens' boring hardcore scene, which at the moment is saturated with wannabees, who spend all day on myspace seeing who has more tattoos.

look at me! I can play a beatdown!

that means im clearly more talented than anyone else on this forum.

arrogant cunt.

plus i saw your band, and they sucked dick live.

im not saying were good live, i never have - all im saying is you suck.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BEST THING EVER.

we are the only band in aberdeen playing punk rock in a standard tuning at the moment.

Most invalid statement in a long time.

Even if that was correct, What would that have to do with anything!?

Or is that just how things are done in san diego?

For Reference,

Hijacks - Good

Iname - Awesome

Escape To Victory - Brilliant

Hellar State - ding

Carson Wells - Winners.

• Upvote 1

Most invalid statement in a long time.

Even if that was correct, What would that have to do with anything!?

Or is that just how things are done in san diego?

For Reference,

Hijacks - Good

Iname - Awesome

Escape To Victory - Brilliant

Hellar State - ding

Carson Wells - Winners.

san diego?

shut up.

you seem to grab any oppotunity to slag us off.

but i suppose you have nothing better to do

I really don't understand why the tuning matters? Someone please enlighten me, I never actually learnt guitar properly.

Tuning means everything. I was told by some chump that you can't be a thrash band if you drop or downtune. Now Punk rock is being catologued as standard tuning only, even though this guys idols, Green Day, were quite well known for tuning half a step down in the 90's.

Surely slapping a rulebook onto punk is the most un-punk thing you could possibly do?

I was told by some chump that you can't be a thrash band if you drop or downtune.
Aren't Slayer in Eb?
Surely slapping a rulebook onto punk is the most un-punk thing you could possibly do?
Punk is all about destroying systems, class, fascism and conformity as well as mohawks, studded jackets and combat boots and I won't hear anything against, okay?

Punk is all about destroying systems, class, fascism and conformity as well as mohawks, studded jackets and combat boots and I won't hear anything against, okay?

YAS

There is a reason nobody plays stuff that sounds exactly like Blink or Green Day anymore - because it is no longer the late nineties/early noughties. You may be playing something different right now, but you can't argue that it's not a bit dated. If you enjoy playing that - that's cool - just don't expect people to take you totally seriously (especially when you state that all your songs are about penii).

YAS

There is a reason nobody plays stuff that sounds exactly like Blink or Green Day anymore - because it is no longer the late nineties/early noughties. You may be playing something different right now, but you can't argue that it's not a bit dated. If you enjoy playing that - that's cool - just don't expect people to take you totally seriously (especially when you state that all your songs are about penii).

I agree with you, it is dated, but its fun to do, well it is for me anyways.

And not all of them are about "penii" although some of our stuff is of an immature nature, we have serious songs too.

Thank you for your comment - makes a lot of sense and finally some feedback from someone who doesnt want to have a dig.

Much respect to you.

Its a bit of a shame that aberdeen cant embrace other types of music though, even though its not popular anymore.

But it can still be fun, and it makes us happy doing what we do.