aberdeen-music

Will Sandi write an ode for me as well?

placeboboy

Having stumbled across the crap piece in the EE by Sandi Thom for new year it just pissed me off and so i fired off an email to the paper in the hope it gets to her or the letters page..the sanctimonious waffle of that woman gets on my tits! i really wish she would just shut the f**k up!, anyways heres what i sent off......oh i hope she gets it.

to ee.letters@ajl.co.uk

dateFri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM

subjectplease pass this on to S Thom

mailed-bygooglemail.com

2:03 PM (5 hours ago)

I know how Sandi Thom likes to reply (in a condescending manner) to any criticism so please make sure she gets this.

In Reply to her draw droppingly hypocritical piece published for the new year id like to point out some glaring problems.

1 Scotland isn't going to become a republic (your friend Alex has already stated the Queen will remain the Queen even if we do become independent, id have thought he would've sent you an email stating that, seeing as your on personal terms)

2 As for corruption in parliament, id say they will brush it aside just as you did with your "expenses" row provided by (again ) your friend Alex and not sanctioned by the Scottish public where your agent received a BIG payout for you to attend the opening of an envelope at christmas and despite the claims of doing it for your country the idea of free promotion for a badly selling album never crossed your mind did it? and the THOUSANDS payed to you was just what you would've spent out of your own pocket anyway.and at no point did you even consider giving anything back to the hard pressed Scottish taxpayer who had given it to you and your "agent"

3 Yes lets abandon party politics..good idea, .to be replaced by what? dictatorship? people not democratically voted in but given the job as in an interview? people who have one agenda? or one belief and so no one can decide on anything as there is no common goal or guidlines ? that's what would happen if party politics was done away with. are you ultra right wing rather than "green"...no queen no party politics ...a republican? ...is it a dictatorship you want?

4 Green credentials? i don't think so.....fly to LA to record a track...a private jet for a 3 minute appearance on the BBC hogmanay show 2008....fly to Switzerland for a 30 minute slot on the bill supporting snow patrol. Fly to Canada for a performance in a diner. driving around the uk in a clapped out (your words) van or car then luxuriating in a BIG double decker bus emitting diesel fumes everywhere just so you can sing and make a comfortable living...your whole lifestyle is anti green ethics and no matter how much money you give to charity as you like to point out to us people, its still hush money as you pollute the planet much much more than an ordinary citizen and then have the nerve to tell us to go green.

5 when will the hyperbole and exaggeration end in your self promotion.

i see you are now claiming to be the overall 47th biggest selling female artist of the 21st century in your publicity for your latest tour of venues which is a total falsehood .

The fact is your first single (re-release) was 47th in the UK for a female artist not the rest of your catalogue which did not sell anything near the numbers for you to make this claim.and certainly not making you the 47th biggest female artist of the 21st century but you seem to have learned nothing from the backlash of your previous exaggerations and it will be interesting to see the response from the press on these latest claims.

Happy New years Sandi.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having stumbled across the crap piece in the EE by Sandi Thom for new year it just pissed me off and so i fired off an email to the paper in the hope it gets to her or the letters page..the sanctimonious waffle of that woman gets on my tits! i really wish she would just shut the f**k up!, anyways heres what i sent off......oh i hope she gets it.

to ee.letters@ajl.co.uk

dateFri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM

subjectplease pass this on to S Thom

mailed-bygooglemail.com

2:03 PM (5 hours ago)

I know how Sandi Thom likes to reply (in a condescending manner) to any criticism so please make sure she gets this.

In Reply to her draw droppingly hypocritical piece published for the new year id like to point out some glaring problems.

1 Scotland isn't going to become a republic (your friend Alex has already stated the Queen will remain the Queen even if we do become independent, id have thought he would've sent you an email stating that, seeing as your on personal terms)

2 As for corruption in parliament, id say they will brush it aside just as you did with your "expenses" row provided by (again ) your friend Alex and not sanctioned by the Scottish public where your agent received a BIG payout for you to attend the opening of an envelope at christmas and despite the claims of doing it for your country the idea of free promotion for a badly selling album never crossed your mind did it? and the THOUSANDS payed to you was just what you would've spent out of your own pocket anyway.and at no point did you even consider giving anything back to the hard pressed Scottish taxpayer who had given it to you and your "agent"

3 Yes lets abandon party politics..good idea, .to be replaced by what? dictatorship? people not democratically voted in but given the job as in an interview? people who have one agenda? or one belief and so no one can decide on anything as there is no common goal or guidlines ? that's what would happen if party politics was done away with. are you ultra right wing rather than "green"...no queen no party politics ...a republican? ...is it a dictatorship you want?

4 Green credentials? i don't think so.....fly to LA to record a track...a private jet for a 3 minute appearance on the BBC hogmanay show 2008....fly to Switzerland for a 30 minute slot on the bill supporting snow patrol. Fly to Canada for a performance in a diner. driving around the uk in a clapped out (your words) van or car then luxuriating in a BIG double decker bus emitting diesel fumes everywhere just so you can sing and make a comfortable living...your whole lifestyle is anti green ethics and no matter how much money you give to charity as you like to point out to us people, its still hush money as you pollute the planet much much more than an ordinary citizen and then have the nerve to tell us to go green.

5 when will the hyperbole and exaggeration end in your self promotion.

i see you are now claiming to be the overall 47th biggest selling female artist of the 21st century in your publicity for your latest tour of venues which is a total falsehood .

The fact is your first single (re-release) was 47th in the UK for a female artist not the rest of your catalogue which did not sell anything near the numbers for you to make this claim.and certainly not making you the 47th biggest female artist of the 21st century but you seem to have learned nothing from the backlash of your previous exaggerations and it will be interesting to see the response from the press on these latest claims.

Happy New years Sandi.

Nice idea but I can spot a few 'draw droppingly' obvious errors. Should have read it over again before sending. Furthermore, hyberbole IS exaggeration, saying 'hyperbole and exaggeration' is just repeating yourself.

I agree with the general sentiment, but I don't think they'll publish it tbh. I don't think it will be in the letters page... as I doubt her overinflated ego would like that or the editors would publish a blatant attack on one of their columnists. Dare we think what her reply would be anyway.

'draw droppingly' ??... that's a definite eggcorn.

Good letter otherwise.

I hang my head in shame?(

i was just so pissed off at the time of typing it out, the words couldnt come out quick enough....but i hope despite my obvious mistakes it manages to be seen by the creature it was directed at.

I just read her column about Xmas TV and found myself mostly agreeing with her. If she just stopped her jabbering about things she obviously knows nothing about (ie. everything outside of popular entertainment) she'd maybe not become the recipient of letters such as these.

Nice idea but I can spot a few 'draw droppingly' obvious errors. Should have read it over again before sending. Furthermore, hyberbole IS exaggeration, saying 'hyperbole and exaggeration' is just repeating yourself.

I agree with the general sentiment, but I don't think they'll publish it tbh. I don't think it will be in the letters page... as I doubt her overinflated ego would like that or the editors would publish a blatant attack on one of their columnists. Dare we think what her reply would be anyway.

Yours was the first reply. Why did you feel the need to quote the OP?

Yours was the first reply. Why did you feel the need to quote the OP?

Habit. on other forums you have a bit in your homepage which has a list of who quoted you and a link the post, makes it easier to find things instead of watching and trawling through threads.

And I think I was gonna put 'draw droppingly' in bold to illustrate my point but as I'm an idiot forgot. So my bad all around then.

Habit. on other forums you have a bit in your homepage which has a list of who quoted you and a link the post, makes it easier to find things instead of watching and trawling through threads.

And I think I was gonna put 'draw droppingly' in bold to illustrate my point but as I'm an idiot forgot. So my bad all around then.

Worth doing as other folks can post in the time it takes you to post.

• 1 month later...

Well thats her away from the EE! oh if only i could lay claim to being a reason for her going but either way thank fuck she is!

Putting the Wedding on ice as well it seems.....Considering she has spent more time hanging around with Joe Bonamassa her new best "friend" for ages now, even popping over to L.A and Amsterdam just for quick visits and dropping his name everywhere in interviews then im wondering if the switch from pop to blues also may include the man in her life as it pretty obvious her record producer/fiance Jake Field wasnt producing the goods as far as the career was concerned and she has banged on about this wedding to the press and how much it means to her for the last couple of years only to cancel at the last minute.

Well thats her away from the EE! oh if only i could lay claim to being a reason for her going but either way thank fuck she is!

Putting the Wedding on ice as well it seems.....Considering she has spent more time hanging around with Joe Bonamassa her new best "friend" for ages now, even popping over to L.A and Amsterdam just for quick visits and dropping his name everywhere in interviews then im wondering if the switch from pop to blues also may include the man in her life as it pretty obvious her record producer/fiance Jake Field wasnt producing the goods as far as the career was concerned and she has banged on about this wedding to the press and how much it means to her for the last couple of years only to cancel at the last minute.

You do realise that every post you've ever made here has been about slagging off Sandi Thom, now I'm no fan of Sandi Thom but it does make me wonder if maybe she turned you down at some point and you're still very upset about it ? Or do you have anything apart from Sandi bashing (which may have its place) in mind with regards to this forum - Just curious.

Question. Why the hell do you care so much about Sandi Thom? And how do you know this much crap information about her unless you're actually searching for it? You're obviously keeping track of her every move, you weird fuck.

Guest Gladstone
Question. Why the hell do you care so much about Sandi Thom? And how do you know this much crap information about her unless you're actually searching for it? You're obviously keeping track of her every move, you weird fuck.

I think placeboboy is Sandi Thom.

Actually, this is a pretty good point. You know far, far too much.

Placeboboy - You are Sandi Thom and I claim my 5 prize.