aberdeen-music

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Bigsby

If you have any interest in Star Wars, please go and watch this:

It's a 70 minute review of The Phantom Menace.

No, stop, wait, come back! It's in 10 minute sections, and it's one of the funniest, and most accurate things I've ever seen.

I guess in my gut I've always known that The Phantom Menace was crap, but this explains why, in hilarious fashion. You don't have to watch it all in one go, but I really, really recommend watching it.

If you have any interest in Star Wars, please go and watch this:

It's a 70 minute review of The Phantom Menace.

No, stop, wait, come back! It's in 10 minute sections, and it's one of the funniest, and most accurate things I've ever seen.

I guess in my gut I've always known that The Phantom Menace was crap, but this explains why, in hilarious fashion. You don't have to watch it all in one go, but I really, really recommend watching it.

Hahaha, cheers for this. I've only seen the first two parts so far, but it is brilliant. The character test is funny; I did the same thing to a friend who was a fan of The Matrix to show how every character is indistinct and pretty non-descript.

Gonna hit part three now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Totally agree that romance was contrived. And the Jedi Council decisions retarded. It's true, there's a story missing. It's all just frame to frame plot devices to explain why the scenery is changing.

I haven't finished watching it. The pizza rolls were giving me nightmares o_O

• 5 weeks later...

I enjoyed TPM when it was first released (even Jar Jar's antics, and the slightly dodgy accents), but when I watched it again on DVD, I realised that I was kidding myself...it's shite!! It has none of the charm that made the original movies so good, the acting was wooden and the script.......oh dear. Now that the movies are over, let the Star Wars name rest instead of churning out cartoons (must admit, I do like the Clone Wars show though),tv shows,books,toys and every other thing you can think of.

Gonna have to watch this documentary though.

Both reviews are absolutely hilarious. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy and new that the new ones were shite but this really shows just how shite they are!! I like the bits where they compare the original movies to the new ones directly. Its so true that the new ones completely lack the charm of the old ones and it is down to the overuse of special effects. I especially like his bit on lightsabers in the AOTC review. Don't get me wrong, I like a mindless, shit action movie as much as the next person, but these reviews are so applicable to modern movies (action and thriller in particular) in the way they expose the complete lack of charm, characterisation and "real, believable moments" in episodes I-III.

Also, "WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!?!?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...