aberdeen-music

Panic, Hunchbacks, Gilman Street and Broken Sunshine last night

kirkt

well how ace were Broken Sunshine...it's always better seein them play Drakes cos sounds always better. First time I've seen em since april (I've had good reason tho, you know I do!) and i reckon this was the best they've played...that song number 4 was a great song and even the older songs they've changed around, some nice time changes and soundin a lot more punk...

Gilman Street also played best I've seen them (cept the string mishap). I loved that song they played 2nd to last...a right good hardcore tune...

shame on anyone who left after them (like most people) cos The Hunchbacks kicked ass and were really funny too and Panic! were also good for that matter, both bands sounded different to the stuff I'd heard but great nonetheless...one of best punk gigs this year methinks

Guest scott cs.

yeh, it was dissapointing that most of the people left after Gilman Street. i thought The Hunchbacks were the band of the night, i bought their split with The Battledykes and The Waukess and it's pretty damn good. Panic! were abit samey, but they played well, just a pity there wasn't a bigger crowd. any chance you can get The Hunchbacks to play here again sometime Kirk?

well Panic! are back with the wonderful Manda and the Marbles (Go Kart Records) but you'll have to ask Sharon bout that. As for The Hunchbacks, I thought they were band of the night too and I'm going to speak to them about me sorting a tour out for them and Regal Beagle (an ace American band who The Queers cover!)

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Uh...Okay..

Broken Sunshine and Gilman Street were both okay, nothing fantastic, but nothing terrible either. The thing I find about bands of these ilk is that they pay little or no attention to their actual sound. If these bands had spent a little more time on beefing up their respective guitar and bass sounds, I'm sure it would've been better.

I like Gilman, but sometimes I get the impression that they just try and go way too fast, as opposed to actually working on the songs and keeping them in time, and Stu tends to go out of time a fair bit as a result.

The Hunchbacks were pretty dull, in my opinion, but their drummer was fucking awesome!

Firstly I was pissed off about the huge delay before the first band came on which meant I missed Panic but these things happen:).

Broken Sunshine in my opinion arent that great but do have potential. Their 1st and 3rd songs are songs that if improved on can be very good. Also more confidence is need but im sure that will grow as they continue to gig.

Gilman Street were good but played much better at Kef supporting Uncle Brian(the one where hardly anyone bothered to turn up). Had a fue technical hitches(like aaron breaking his string and his guitar being too darn quiet:P) but it was still a good set. Digging the cd a lot:).

Hunchbacks were good but I wouldnt say they are an inspiring band but good nonetheless. Their banter was very funny and their drummer is a crazy one. Some of their songs kinda reminded me of Dropkick Murpheys and some of the guitar melodies had a similarity to some of the Pogues melodies.

like i said couldnt see the Panics as I had a bus to catch.(same with a lot of people hence why some people left early).

Great gig and great atmosphere (oh and loved the djing:))

Firstly I was pissed off about the huge delay before the first band came on which meant I missed Panic but these things happen:).

like i said couldnt see the Panics as I had a bus to catch.(same with a lot of people hence why some people left early).

but i wont take responsibility for that as I didnt have a say in that but I would have had Broken Sunshine on by half 8 if I did...I dont think thats most peoples reason for missin as lots of people left after Gilman Street (which was just bout 10 i think?) and i can only say that's down to ignorance

I agree with Kirk, but we were told to go on at 9, to my, and it seems everyone elses, surprise.

Kirk and I have a DJ-ing duel going on...so I would say they were all my songs that Camie liked, hehe...maybe some of yours too, Kirk...but I did see Camie singing along to most of mine- HA!

The Duel is on...oh yes, the duel is on...:D

I agree with Kirk' date=' but we were told to go on at 9, to my, and it seems everyone elses, surprise.

Kirk and I have a DJ-ing duel going on...so I would say they were all my songs that Camie liked, hehe...maybe some of yours too, Kirk...but I did see Camie singing along to most of mine- HA!

The Duel is on...oh yes, the duel is on...:D[/quote']

hehe i remember singing to the green day song from their first album(which is my favourite green day album) and one of my favourite songs-seventy times seven but let me reassure you me and Paul's dj set will be 10 times better than yours on Friday:)

Kirk hardly anyone left after gilman street maybe 2-3 people but that was it im being honest. Some might have a good excuse for it. I know ive left early at gigs before if ive been feeling ill.

but who was the one that played brand new? I also remember an afi track aswell.

Ooooh Yeah!!! I'm winning!!! Hehe, beat that Kirk!

I remember thinking about laughing at you Leckie, cus I could hear you singing from the toilets, hehe! ...but did I actually go up to you and say something? Sorry...I think I was having short term memory loss that night cus there were so many incidents where I thought I'd done something and it turned out I didnt, and vice versa. Anyway...

I win Kirk! :D

It weas a great night, great songs played by both DJ's specially afi. All the bands were good as well although sadly I only caught the start of Panics set.

Ooooh Yeah!!! I'm winning!!! Hehe' date=' beat that Kirk!

I remember thinking about laughing at you Leckie, cus I could hear you singing from the toilets, hehe! ...but did I actually go up to you and say something? Sorry...I think I was having short term memory loss that night cus there were so many incidents where I thought I'd done something and it turned out I didnt, and vice versa. Anyway...

I win Kirk! :D[/quote']

well the hunchbacks were singin along to my eastfield track (i thought id suck up to em and play a birmingham band that the bassist was wearing a tshirt of)...i demand a rematch!

Ooh there shall be a rematch...oh yes!

Bring it on Kirk...but next time, dont suck up to other bands who are wearing other bands' t-shirts. You wouldnt catch me doing that!! Ha!

Ah right crazy I didn't mean i thought you were being mean or anything. Fellow fans an' all.

I didn't think you thought I was being mean...I was just trying to find my memory of the other night! I sing along to AFI all the time and go crazy if I ever hear them played anywhere....ah, you should've seen me the time they played Days of the Phoenix in Henry J Beans-I have Stuart as a very scared witness. Hehe.