aberdeen-music

Errors at The Lemon Tree

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one. Without meaning to be a dick, the price is way over the top again and is a good deal more expensive that the other dates on the tour e.g 6 Tumbridge Wells/7 Barfly Cardiff etc.

I cant imagine Errors demand that much of a fee (I dont mean that in any way against the band - they are awesome) and just really bugs me that The Lemon Tree do this. Know so many people that dont go to gigs there because they over price bands like this.

Im sure when they played Tunnels it was about a fiver - a good level that will encourage people to go!

Ill still go anyway but just seems silly to price it at 8.50 especially with the ridiculous booking fee on top of that.

split coloured 7", digipack CD and ltd gatefold vinyl are now available for pre-order on the R.A shop:

Digipack CD - Rock Action Records

Gatefold LP - Rock Action Records

Split Coloured 7" - Rock Action Records

Tracklist for album:

- Bridge or Cloud?

- A Rumour In Africa

- Supertribe

- Antipode

- The Erskine Bridge

- Sorry About The Mess

- Germany

- Jolomo

- The Black Tent

- Beards

7":

a: A Rumour In Africa

b: Beat The Bookies

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
Looking forward to this one. Without meaning to be a dick, the price is way over the top again and is a good deal more expensive that the other dates on the tour e.g 6 Tumbridge Wells/7 Barfly Cardiff etc.

I cant imagine Errors demand that much of a fee (I dont mean that in any way against the band - they are awesome) and just really bugs me that The Lemon Tree do this. Know so many people that dont go to gigs there because they over price bands like this.

Im sure when they played Tunnels it was about a fiver - a good level that will encourage people to go!

Ill still go anyway but just seems silly to price it at 8.50 especially with the ridiculous booking fee on top of that.

I see your point and, to an extent, I agree. But I remember when I put on Errors last year, I was bricking it because I genuinely thought I was still going to lose money on the show, and that was with advance tickets at 7.50! I'm led to believe I got Errors for a decent price, and they are by far the most expensive act I've ever booked.

I'm very surprised this is by an outside promoter, but if it is, then the Lemon Tree isn't exactly cheap to hire (in fact, when I got a quote from them sometime last year, I felt it was ludicrously expensive) and I guess the level of supports could potentially play a part in the final ticket price. If they're ever announced (less than two weeks until the gig, and no supports announced - fucking bizarre).

But either way, I'm gutted to be missing this. Easily one of my favourite Scottish bands. :up:

I'm very surprised this is by an outside promoter, but if it is, then the Lemon Tree isn't exactly cheap to hire (in fact, when I got a quote from them sometime last year, I felt it was ludicrously expensive):up:

I think it's an Lemon Tree (APA) promotion and yes it isn't exactly cheap but it holds 550 people so that comes into play. I'm sure (well partly guessing) that there wouldn't be disimilar costs if you wanted to hire The Warehouse.

There's an Edinburgh launch too.

I just cannae afford it.

Bull Ox.

I remember the last time Errors played at Cab Vol in Edinburgh, I was desperate to see them however was feeling the sting of travel and ticket costs. My solution was to cycle from Aberdeen to Edinburgh in order to catch the gig, the result was two days of cycling, a night camped in a park in Dundee, and being utterly knackered for the gig. Still worth it!

Can't wait for this one, Errors gigs are always a blast.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
I remember the last time Errors played at Cab Vol in Edinburgh, I was desperate to see them however was feeling the sting of travel and ticket costs. My solution was to cycle from Aberdeen to Edinburgh in order to catch the gig, the result was two days of cycling, a night camped in a park in Dundee, and being utterly knackered for the gig. Still worth it!

Post of the year.

You absolute legend!