aberdeen-music

Holy Shit. I Just Wet Myself

Stephen

Guest Kryys With No 'X'

That's fucking nonsense! It's a little bit much asking DCFC fans to pay over the odds to see them support some shitty fuckin' pop band. I mean, they appeal to a completely different group of people, I fail to see any point in their decision to play these gigs. Sure more exposure, but is that whom they wish to expose themselves to, Blink 182 fans? I thought they had a little more respect for themselves than that...

Here's hoping they play a few of their own shows!

Anyone else confirmed?

Yeah, why not have bands more of their own genre? I mean variety is the spice of life after all but the majority of people at the shows aren't going to appreciate/ enjoys bands like DCFC.

They should take NFG and Sum 41 on tour again. :)

Guest lime ruined my life

styrofoam plates is a very good song, most stuff on the photo album is good. earlier stuffs more airy fairy hit or miss though.

p.s i got drunk with your drummer once, we drank white russians and watched grease.

I was really surprised when I heard Deathcab for Cutie, I was excpecting a very screamy post-hardcore/emo band, but they're actually a very nice little Indie-Pop kind of band that make relaxing catchy little numbers (especially Blacking out the Friction). They're not a band I'd go out of my way to see, but a band I would like to see nontheless. It does seem a little odd their supporting Blink 182 though, they seem to be a reasonable established Independent kind of band, not a major label support act.

I mean' date=' they appeal to a completely different group of people, I fail to see any point in their decision to play these gigs. [/quote']

Not entirely. The progression to Deathcab through a couple of other bands like the Get Up Kids strating at Blink 182 seems pretty natural, especially considering the influences Blink 182 are taking on board these days.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

what?! oh dear god, if they don't do their own dates, i may just have to go see blink 182 (dcfc being one of my favourite bands) ah dear

:(

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

and for camies benefit...

they are a calm sort of indie band, they have beautiful lyrics (sung by a lovely voice) and really uplifting songs that make me want to smile and cry simultaneously.

download!

styrofoam plates is a very good song' date=' most stuff on the photo album is good. earlier stuffs more airy fairy hit or miss though.

p.s i got drunk with your drummer once, we drank white russians and watched grease.[/quote']

Styrofoam Plates is one of the ones I have. I like one called Champagne From a Paper Cup.

Which drummer? We've had a few. But if you were watching Grease it was probably with PJ, our first drummer and all round mentalist

Guest lime ruined my life

champagne froma paper cup is good but the albums so bland, theyr one of these bands like belle and sebastian, lots of good songs and lots of boring bland ones.

it was ian, btw.

As the days go by, I find myself liking more and more Blink stuff, mostly the newer stuff but all the 'classics' are dancers at least. That other band sound totally limp-wristed from what everyone's saying but I ain't 'eard 'em so I don't know. When is the gig?

Guest Kryys With No 'X'
Not entirely. The progression to Deathcab through a couple of other bands like the Get Up Kids strating at Blink 182 seems pretty natural' date=' especially considering the influences Blink 182 are taking on board these days.[/quote']

I disagree, I'd be inclined to say that DCFC have more in common with indie bands like Built To Spill, than that of emo pop bands like TGUK, in particular their earlier material. Sure, Blink 182 at this point in their career are taking onboard more 'emo' influences, but I still believe they have very little in common. Is it also fair to say the general demographic for a band like Blink 182 are kids between the ages of say 14 - 18, whereas for a band like DCFC it's more of an older fan-base? Therefore, I stick to my original point in that I see little point in them playing these dates, and if they choose not to play any of their own shows, it's only their fans who are going to miss out.

As for your Postal Service comment, I'd choose either DNTEL or Death Cab For Cutie, any day!