aberdeen-music

Teenage Lust Club: Copy Haho

Haho were magnificent. Good shit.

Moon Unit were good for 10 minutes but there wasn't enough variation for me. It was just the same ambient noise over a beasting drummer for half an hour.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kuda. But then I didn't have very high expectations of them if I was honest, so they didn't have to try very hard to beat them.

Thanks to everyone who came down last night - place was heavin!

In case anyone was wondering 'the guys' playing with Kuda are A'Zi Cool - two DJs and a French MC. We've been playing for over a year now, and on our way have supported Dan le Sac and Ugly Duckling. We hooked up with Kuda in January - more tracks like last night's set up on the site soon!

Moon Unit were weird but really good - the drummer (a really sound guy) totally brought the sound together.

Impressed with Copy Haho - not my usual audio choice but some really catchy hooks and an excellent vibe to the sound.

Hi guys,

Thanks VERY MUCH to all who came, it was greatly appreciated. I'd especially like to thank Scott Bowden, who did a great job with the sound, despite a bass drum AND part of the P.A. breaking!

Apologies that it ran a little later than planned, this was down to the above mishaps.

Kuda and Moon Unit were fucking incredible, I was really pleased they agreed to play.

I did not enjoy playing as my cold was getting so bad that my hands were shaking when playing!!!

I must've looked a right cock. Was not my intention.

Apart from being surrounded by total cunts from my school days, this show was good. The new songs are sounding great.

Much impressed by Kuda, unfortunately I had a crafty fag during the main bit of Moon Unit's set. Don't know why, as I like them.

Thanks VERY MUCH to all who came, it was greatly appreciated. I'd especially like to thank Scott Bowden, who did a great job with the sound, despite a bass drum AND part of the P.A. breaking!

QUOTE]

I think Scotty must be the most thanked sound engineer ever. Speaks volumes!

I enjoyed the gig, however I really did not like Moon Unit. I just found it very self indulgent and it just went nowhere. The drummer was fucking unreal but I just felt it may as well just have been him playing with out the horrible, shrill noises over the top. Pointless. Kuda was/were brill, if not my cup of tea, and Copy Haho are just a really great band. I would like to see them again soon.