aberdeen-music

imp/voco: Withered Hand + Debutant @ Peacock Visual Arts, 28th January

offramp

Guest idol_wild

I enjoyed last night a lot - the format works so well and the audience was just superb; so respectful yet responsive. That sort of made the night for me as a performer. I got a lot out of the experience of playing that way and in that environment.

I thought Withered Hand was predictably excellent. I think 2010 could be a very good year for Dan - it's already shaping up to be.

I can confidently say that us Meursault guys would be very interested in coming up to do a Nore More Soundchecks gig sometime this year, should the IMP/Vocoustics guys want us.

I enjoyed the event, from both the performers, despite ushering my father outside to answer a phonecall as we entered! It was also good to have brief chats to folk I've not seen in ages.

I was surprised how well Phillip's songs came across without an electric guitar and delay; it showed that Debutant's songs don't need to weigh on the arrangement of guitar/guitar/guitar to work.

I did enjoy Withered Hand, but maybe I am a bit too miserly to enjoy that sort of clever word play and in between song banter. It was a bit Jasper Carrott. But again, I was watching it thinking "I hate fun" so I should probably best be ignored.