aberdeen-music

Albums for 2010

Hog

90's American indie rock is making a storming comeback in 2010 so it seems. I love Jawbox and Far, but I can't say I'm all that fussed about new records.

SDRE following up LP2 would be strange as well. I love that record. I love how alot of the songs aren't even finished, and some of the vocals are just inaudible mumbling as a result. It's so abrupt and almost a little bit pointless. It was a great way to end it. How could you follow that up? You can't forgive him for being a mental god botherer either.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDRE following up LP2 would be strange as well. I love that record. I love how alot of the songs aren't even finished, and some of the vocals are just inaudible mumbling as a result. It's so abrupt and almost a little bit pointless. It was a great way to end it. How could you follow that up? You can't forgive him for being a mental god botherer either.

You follow it up with How It Feels To Be Something On and The Rising Tide which are both pretty cracking albums also.

I'd actually forgotton they existed because I didn't like them at all.

Hmmm, i appreciate that it's not a pre-requisite to like them, and i can certainly understand not liking the commercial sound of RT, but I personally feel that HIFTBSO is just as good/strong as LP2.

I don't get the "not finished" thing about songs on LP2 either, you've lost me. The songs sound complete to me and the vocals are pretty reminiscent of anything Enigk/Hoerner have done (being that both slip into unintelligible nonsense regularly). We'll have to agree to disagree on that i think.

High on fire, New Bonesaw split releases, Ablach album no.2.

I'm sure there are others but I can really remember who has confirmed a new album or release for 2010.

Helloweens' rerecorded classics album should be a laugh.

Heard the new version of Dr Stein?o_O

Just been reading on recently created The Unwinding Hours facebook page that their album will be out on the 15th February. This is going to be a long long 6 weeks.

Just in case anyone hasn't heard them yet (shame on you): The Unwinding Hours on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Got tickets for their debut live performance in Glasgow later this month, hopefully it will be on sale there.

Got tickets for their debut live performance in Glasgow later this month, hopefully it will be on sale there.

I'm still dithering on whether to head down for it; since I'll have work the next day in Aberdeen...

If the weather improves I may drive down, then drive back shortly after the Unwinding Hours. Hmm... it'd be worth it to get a copy of the album.

I'm still dithering on whether to head down for it; since I'll have work the next day in Aberdeen...

If the weather improves I may drive down, then drive back shortly after the Unwinding Hours. Hmm... it'd be worth it to get a copy of the album.

The whole line-up makes it worth going...there's no guarantee the CD will be on sale but it would be daft if it wasn't.

Do it, man.S'what I'm doing. (thats the plan at the moment, anyway)

New Dido album - has to be better than the last one, which i liked but nowhere near as good as the first one.

New Marillion album - again i haven't liked their recent full albums but the acoustic album was a return to form.

New Jo McCafferty album "Overtaking on a Bend" - bit cheeky putting this ion but it's going to be a brilliant release.

new David Devant and His Spirit Wife album - Surely these guys are due a new album this year !!

New Joanna Newsom album out on the 23rd of February. EXCITED.

This is news to me. Good news. Good.

I didn't like Ys, though. Any song longer than 3.00 better have a really, really good reason for sticking around :p

I also found out a new Crystal Castles album is due this year, so we'll find out if the last one was an awesome fluke or not.