aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Dayeth

Free Vauxhall Corsa

5 door, burgundy, P reg Vauxhall Corsa, split front axle or something, yours to be taken away if you have a tow that will take the front wheels off the ground. It just happened today out of nowhere and I'm moving to Glasgow in the next few days and just want rid of it.

The body is in good condition minus a very small amount of rust that crept in last winter, its done 87,120 miles, brand new alternator in two months ago, new alternator belt in June, new brake pads at last MOT and is MOT'ed 'til August 2010.

Phone Ross on 07742045831, need it shifted tomorrow or day after or it's just going to the scrap yard, which would be a shame.

Ta

front axle

havent been at work to check prices however off the top of my head

front axle s/h 45 + vat

labour probably 2 hours so roughtly 90+vat

if you need an axle give me a shout :up:

Im sorry, front wheel drive cars dont have front axles ... so what we talkin about here? what happened to the car?

when you refer to the front axle on a front wheel drive car it's actually the engine cradle which the likes of the wishbones are bolted to.

New one on me... subframe or engine cradle or crossmember yes but axle?... nah never heard that one!!

No, axle is a widely used term for that sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm going on what my step-bro said. Basically it started veering to the left, the tyre started slipping off, and something is bent. No idea.

No, axle is a widely used term for that sort of thing.

Oh well, fair enough, 30 odd years in the motor trade.. I didnt pay attention obviously..o_O

Oh well, fair enough, 30 odd years in the motor trade.. I didnt pay attention obviously..o_O

You must've been a bit shit at the old motor trade then.

:up:

You must've been a bit shit at the old motor trade then.

:up:

Dont recall many "axle" related complaints:princess:... but hey thats possibly why Anderson Cars went tits up!!!

Dont recall many "axle" related complaints:princess:... but hey thats possibly why Anderson Cars went tits up!!!

You've obviously never been to a Guns 'n' Roses show. Aaaahahahuuuhh, someone please come get this.

• Upvote 1

God I hate this website.

I cant imagine God'll care, I suspect he (or she) may not even be a regular reader of this forum... I might be wrong though, I've been wrong before (see above)

G...

In layman's terms it's an axle. Wheels at either end. It doesn't matter that it's actually not an axle. That's just what some people will call it.