aberdeen-music

faourite aberdeen scene vocalist?

Guest valley69

Guest valley69

just wondering if anyone in aberdeen strikes you as bein a quality singer that could go places? Personally i think that aberdeen has some fantastic singers and among those id mention are Claire Hamilton ,dude fromm simon gall band, Rachel Mclennan and of course lucy cuts. However after hearing the new turning 13 album id have to say that steve has something pretty unique going on there, fantastic stuff, helped by a fucking ace band. Very Texas is the reason. I fucking love the screaming then tuneful melodies he comes up with.Compliments the music well....oh and listen to instrument when youre a little offguard and you may actually shit your pants!

Guest Sundaram

Simon Gall, Ziggy from The Staccato Set and Kay from 67.

Someone who has come on greatly since I first heard him sing is Greg from Red Man Walking. I was so impressed by his range etc at their last gig.

Guest stuartmaxwell

neish euan has a great range, really distinctive voice, good sense of melody too!

jo macafferty has got a tremendous vocal, i was completely overwhelmed at her album launch

ziggy needs some dark glasses and a bottle of whiskey

driveblind guy has an incredible sense of power and always hits the notes

small enclosed area singer does sound like maynard but can pull off a variety of hooks!great voice even when he has a sore throat

Guest Neubeatz

Dont really know if it's "scene relevant" but I heard a guy from torry called Irvine singing with a band called "Buskers Union", and he has some talent, power, control, good stage presence, but I would like to hear him singing original stuff as well as covers,

Yeh Greig sounds more "full and controlled" as well, I sometimes think RMW are "bigger" than this "scene thing", now if those guys would just give up work.....;)

Guest valley69
Dont really know if it's "scene relevant" but I heard a guy from torry called Irvine singing with a band called "Buskers Union"' date=' and he has some talent, power, control, good stage presence, but I would like to hear him singing original stuff as well as covers,

Yeh Greig sounds more "full and controlled" as well, I sometimes think RMW are "bigger" than this "scene thing", now if those guys would just give up work.....;)[/quote']

i didnt mean to use the word scene as an exclusion of any bands or individuals, i just thought the majority of people on here will have mainly seen bands or people that regularly gig in aberdeen.

However after hearing the new turning 13 album id have to say that steve has something pretty unique going on there' date=' fantastic stuff, helped by a fucking ace band. [/quote']

Absolutely! Last T13 gig I was at, I was in awe over the vocals alone. Smashing stuff.

I like lucy from Cuts for "edge", Neish for variety, and Simon Gall for musicality. Ziggy has a great sense of style and presence. Jakey Spike Pile Driver is great fun, too! Lust factor goes to Radha from Suvara!

Kitchen Cynics..................................sharp or flat! To hell with the middle ground!!.....

Not scenies but Hazel and Stu from BedHead. Both powerful voices, great range, great soul and close harmonies to die for. Pity they ain't alternative.Although Stu was once front man for Wind Force 11 in 1978, Glasgow punk at its best, especially when they went to London and supported the Pistols.

Guest allsystemsfail

Melanie from noisecore outfit Slain (RIP). She has a quite incredible voice, one mistaken for that of a man. Try if you can to track down a copy of their split 7" with State Of Filth. Awesome vocalist. She was also for a time (playing drums) a member of both Aktifist and Collateral Damage.

Some favs

Neish from Eric Euan, agree totally with Maxies comments, very distinctive voice.

Leon (Preemo/Eric Euan)- set in Drakes recently blew me away, great voice, very emotional and excellent song writer.

Simon Gall-excellent voice, faultless.

Terry of Driveblind-again Maxie hit the nail on the head, very powerful.

Amy and Kathryn Sawers- Beautiful emotive voices.

I think aberdeen is very lucky because its hard to find bad singers..i think so anyway...on the whole i dunno i think my favourite singers are steven dedalus, steve turning 13, the dude from eric euan ...amazing vocals..sharon lindsay,her screams...they are fucking ace,al masamune for the tormented sound that comes out of his mouth..very unnerving. There are heaps more i could write down..oh yeah simon gall, i really love his vocal range and his lyrics are also very nice too. As i was writing there is loads of very good vocalists in aberdeen and i do think the thread would have been easier to name names if it was titled the worst singers in aberdeen. I think aberdeen is very lucky because we have such a diverse music scene and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger, i know i will prolly go back to this thread and be like oh wait..so and so..gotta add them, all i can think of just now though. :band:

I must say that there are definately a few vocalists in aberdeen that I've got big respect for.

I'm virtually in love with Ziggy's voice, Simon Gall's vocals are also thigh tingling... Steve Dedalus is truly impressive... the rest of the list... Lucy Cuts (wonderful, they definately have an 'edge' as Alan Cynic said earlier, and are essential for the cuts sound) Al Masamune's vocals truly convey Masamune's music to the full, unsettling, unnerving... wonderful.