aberdeen-music

Rossi/Parfitt O.B.E.

TelecasterSam

What exactly makes them the hardest working band in the country, and how is that even measured? In the grand scheme of things, considering bands whose members book their own tours and release their own records off their own backs, I can't imagine this proclamation is even remotely true.

"Status Quo were named as Britain's hardest working band in 2009 after notching up more major concerts than any other group, playing to more than 250,000 fans at 27 arenas."

nuff said !!

I'm not quite sure why they deserve an OBE more than any other band. Have they provided any kind of service to the public other than music? If not, don't see the point of this.

"Status Quo launched the first Prince's Trust concert in 1982......Status Quo started the 1990s on a high by entering the Guinness Book Of Records after completing four charity concerts in four UK cities in the space of 12 hours in October 1991".....also Nordof Robbins Music Therapy Charity..... Pentonville Prison Music Workshops.... etc etc....

Their achievments stand for themselves.....

...... o' you should have such longevity !!!..... they deserve it... stop the sour grapes!

"Status Quo were named as Britain's hardest working band in 2009 after notching up more major concerts than any other group, playing to more than 250,000 fans at 27 arenas."

nuff said !!

Playing to more people than other bands doesnt make you more hard working.

"Status Quo launched the first Prince's Trust concert in 1982......Status Quo started the 1990s on a high by entering the Guinness Book Of Records after completing four charity concerts in four UK cities in the space of 12 hours in October 1991".....also Nordof Robbins Music Therapy Charity..... Pentonville Prison Music Workshops.... etc etc....

Their achievments stand for themselves.....

...... o' you should have such longevity !!!..... they deserve it... stop the sour grapes!

Haha, okay. These sour grapes are delicious though, and they don't taste like stale 2-chord dad rock shit.

If they've done things for charity all it shows is that they didn't do it for other people, they did it so they could grin as the queen tells them how great they are. ARGUABLY, EXTREMELY ARGUABLY.

A lot of their album material is excellent.....

There has always been something off an album through every decade that has kept me a fan of theirs since 1971/2 when I first went to a gig of theirs (at Leeds Town Hall)

by definition, if you play predominately 12 bar blues/boogie rock...you're gonna play mainly 3 chords..... :ding:.....but then again, I like that kind of music !!!

but I don't want to start some arguement.... some of you have different views...that fine!