aberdeen-music

Pearl Masters Custom MMX Emerald Mist

drumboy_14

Got a Pearl Masters Custom MMX for sale, #126 Emerald Mist lacquer. The kit dates from around 1995-1998, and has the old style triple-flanged hoops and ISS mounts rather then the Optimounts, but is in excellent condition. The odd scratch here or there but in amazing condition for its age. The Emerald Mist lacquer is shiny and beautiful. These drums are 4 ply maple with reinforcement rings, and their thin shells mean they sing beautifully and resonate fully with the typical warm tones of maple.

The sizes are as follows: 10"x10" hanging tom, 12"x10" hanging tom, 14"x12" hanging tom, 20"x16" kick drum. The drums come with the ISS mounts, but no other hardware.

These drums are top-of-the-line Pearl, back when they were released there was really nothing better in terms of quality. Their sound will kick the hell out of many of your "custom" drum companies, and were (and still are) used by professionals all over.

I am looking for 750 o.v.n.o for the shell pack, I have hardware that I may be willing to sell but you'd have to make me an offer. I hope someone can find me a good home for these drums, I just don't have the space (or time) with Uni to have this kit taking up space right now.

Here are some pics for you (sorry about the quality, taken with an Iphone):

bgr8tl.jpg

4ifmsk.jpg

wswdhi.jpg

10zxvmb.jpg

4vjw46.jpg

346249l.jpg

n69b4m.jpg

27yy3o1.jpg

You can't really see the finish in these photos with the quality of the Iphone but if you want an idea of what emerald mist is like see this thread (the drums are different but the colour is the same):

MBX in emerald mist - Pearl Drummers Forum

Cheers!

Lovely kit!

I can't justify upgrading from my Session Custom SRX (6 ply maple in Marine Blue Pearl) any time soon but an MSX/MMX would be the next step up! Gorgeous!

This is one hell of a deal too!

For anyone interested: If Pearl are feeling nice you can get retrospec toms to match this kit with the correct finish, original mounts (not the brushed aluminium optimounts) and the square badge to keep everything consistent. So if needing a 16" or 18" floor for example, you can do so. :)

All the best with the sale! I'd have been completely interested if I didn't have the SRX already (and wasn't as lacking in funds at the moment ;) ).

Pearl have literally just pulled the Masters Premium line from their selection of kits, meaning that the only way to get a 4-ply shell from them now is to go totally custom through the Masterworks line, which equals MEGAbucks. I'm selling this at a decent price, and I did say I was open to offers...

I also have a Pearl ELX kit to sell, in Autumn Fade with chrome hardware (a rare combo). 5 peice, 10x8, 12x9 and 14x12 (I think) with a 22x18 bass drum and 14x5.5 matching snare. Comes with hardware (hi hat, snare stand, straight and boom stand), tom holders and ISS mounts, and a pearl P-100 single pedal. Comes with vgc new heads - pinstripes on the toms, evans dry on the snare (I think) and powerstroke 3 on the bass batter and reso. ALSO the softcases that I keep the kit in right now come with the sale, they're not the top of the line or anything but do a great job of keeping the drums clean when in storage and providing some good protection from the odd bump or whatever. All the drums have a case. Additional hardware is negotiable. Here are some pics:

dwfm81.jpg

2rrmq1i.jpg

I'm not selling the cymbals with the kit, keeping those for myself!

Hardly had a chance to play this kit really, bought it in 2004ish and it's sat in its cases for a lot of that time (due to lack of space to play and then uni and stuff). Great kit for gigging or practice, with the heard I have on it it really sounds great. I can email more pics/a recording of the kit if interested. Looking for around 300 for everything, I'm open to offers though. Cheers!