aberdeen-music

Cassette Tapes wanted

FatHand

I've just got myself a new, to me, tape deck and would like to start building my collection again. I thought I was over tapes but I'm not and feel sad now that I chucked all my crappy compilations I made from copies of copies of copies.

So do you have any cassette tapes cluttering up your house that you would like to send to a good home?

Think my next purchace will be old school walkman...

Cheers Alan, I think I'll go for a wander through the charity shops at the weekend.

There may be a subltle motive behind getting a tape deck which probably won't come to anything. But I actually just want one. I loved my 3D superwoofer

attachment.php?attachmentid=16030&stc=1&d=1225501092

actually so much I may have to get myself one of these as well as a tape walkman.

I threw most of my tapes out this year.........then bought a car with a tape player. I too will take a walk through the charity shops soon so leave some for me...

I was being really brutal with a clear out and got rid of them all apart from my favourite Nat King Cole one and a Boston Pops Orchestra play sci-fi themes (which is AMAZING). You forget that Battle Star Galactica had an awesome sound track.

Anyway, I leave you some. Think I'll be mainly looking for soul/funk/jazz which I imagine isn't really entirely your bag. Going to get some blanks too and make some old school mixes.

I think your brother gave my bro the first two Ben Folds Five albums on tape but missing the last couple of track to fit them both on ha ha. That totally got me into them listening to them on my walkman doing the paper round... happy times. Also totally got into OK computer paper round listening.

I was being really brutal with a clear out and got rid of them all apart from my favourite Nat King Cole one and a Boston Pops Orchestra play sci-fi themes (which is AMAZING). You forget that Battle Star Galactica had an awesome sound track.

Anyway, I leave you some. Think I'll be mainly looking for soul/funk/jazz which I imagine isn't really entirely your bag. Going to get some blanks too and make some old school mixes.

I think your brother gave my bro the first two Ben Folds Five albums on tape but missing the last couple of track to fit them both on ha ha. That totally got me into them listening to them on my walkman doing the paper round... happy times. Also totally got into OK computer paper round listening.

You can clear up on the soul, funk, jazz etc :up:

I desperately hope my brother Daivd still has a mix tape that your sister made circa '93 - it has her speaking between tracks. "This is a good one for head-banging Dallas" stands out as a memorable quote. Can't remember what it was introducing. I'm sure there was some Neds Atomic Dustbin on there though.....

You can clear up on the soul, funk, jazz etc :up:

I desperately hope my brother Daivd still has a mix tape that your sister made circa '93 - it has her speaking between tracks. "This is a good one for head-banging Dallas" stands out as a memorable quote. Can't remember what it was introducing. I'm sure there was some Neds Atomic Dustbin on there though.....

Ha ha, amazing. That sounds about right. Neds Atomic Dustbin, Carter, Jesus Jones(??), there would definitely have been Pixies, Sonic Youth perhaps. I'm going to have to go back through all that stuff, brings back great memories.

Ha ha, amazing. That sounds about right. Neds Atomic Dustbin, Carter, Jesus Jones(??), there would definitely have been Pixies, Sonic Youth perhaps. I'm going to have to go back through all that stuff, brings back great memories.

Just did a Youtube search of Jesus Jones... I loved them.

Can I get some copies if you manage to locate them? Should get some mix tape making back on the go.

Absolutely. I hope he's kept them.

Remember: Mix tape making can be a frustrating process what with trying to fill a tape with equal sides and not have anything cutting off before the end of the song. High Speed Dubbing though, now that was ace.

I have shit lots of tapes that I have replaced on CD so would be willing to come to some agreement on price...it would all be alternative stuff though....Dinosaur Jr, Jesus and Mary Chain, Smiths, My Bloody Valentine all come to mind but I would have to do a proper listing if anyone was genuinely interested...

Interest noted, probably goes for Shaki too.

Give us a price and we'll divide up the spoils!