aberdeen-music

A drummer in search of company....

Terrorfex

Thanks to Les for pointing out Aberdeen-music.com as about the only place I might find some like minded people, and hopefully end my hunt at out of date adverts in OneUp & Bruce Miller.

I'm Eighteen years young and looking to join or help form a band for the purpose of making beautiful music. As of yet, becoming legends of space and time, and an epic eighty million dollar recording deal are on the back burner, in favour of some fun.

Main influences are R.E.M foremost. I won't go into details explaining just why they're utterly fantastic. No doubt you'll either love them or hate them. If its the former, I don't need to explain why.

Just to throw off anyone who thinks they've figured me out, I'm also a big fan of jazz/swing, particularly Frank Sinatra and his chums.

I don't mind accomodating other types of music. The only kind which really doesn't appeal to me being those lovely masked gents from Slipknot, and associated bands.

I don't expect to see a band drop in who agree with my tastes and need a drummer. So in that case, I'm looking for perhaps a three or four more folk who want to get together and have a bit of fun, and maybe write a decent tune or two.

I was thinking along basic formula of Drummer [me], Rhythm & Leade Guitar, and possibly a singer with an ability to reach and hold those high notes. But thats not really a major requirement as I'm hardly a legend myself.

If you think your up for it, press the reply button and speaketh your mind.

this sounds good!

pity I've had a bad experience with drummers over the years...they are too crazy for my liking.

for example, i once knew a drummer called Andrew Stacey, and this boy wasnt right in the head im telling you. an absolutley great drummer he was though, and a true legend!

What do you mean by "not right in the head?"

If I weren't such a peaceful human being, I'd smash your face in. :)

A true legend? I don't think anyone else has ever called me a legend. But you can be the first of many.

Now, if only I can get myself a wee group together!

Hey Matthew are you in a band @ the moment? if not, post me a reply as to what you play, I've already had an email from terrorfex regarding forming a new band. I sing, write lyrics and play a rthyme guitar. So gies a post and lets be having you!

Hey Matthew are you in a band @ the moment? if not' date=' post me a reply as to what you play, I've already had an email from terrorfex regarding forming a new band. I sing, write lyrics and play a rthyme guitar. So gies a post and lets be having you![/quote']

hello

im not in a band at the moment, but to be honest im not really interested in being in one just now.

however, i wish you and terrorfex the best of luck with any band you decide to form.