aberdeen-music

New gear 2010

Old Gold

8 String Guitar Esp Ltd Fm408 Bargain Clapham London guitars guitar amps for sale Found that actually... but as I said only 25.5" scale length.

Agile Interceptor 827 MN Lizard Burst (Deposit for May 2010) at RondoMusic.com If that didn't have a kahler trem I would be on that in a flash. Heard bad things about them, and I'd rather just get the fixed bridge they have on their cheaper models anyway, less hassle :D

As for the arm race to see who can weild the most strings, DEFECT NOISES (New CD OUT!!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads has a 10 string. Although it seems the company who makes his guitar make stock 10 strings with bridges that emulates sitars. Now that's weird o_O

For tapping instruments a Warr guitar would be a laugh (go listen to Behold... The Arctopus... instead of a bass guitar the have a warr guitar player) but the fretboard is the size of a dining table. Plus I have small hands and it's a challenge to play my 7 string sometimes... 8 should be a laugh !

We have 14 strings between us.

As for new gear i have a lot of dosh saved up and would quite like a new amp. Been looking at Orange Rockerverb 50 or an Peavey 6505+.

YouTube - Worst Song Ever (Behold The Arctopus) that's 18 across 2 instruments :O That song is crap, it's one of their early ones, recent stuff has been much better and actually resembles music.

Across 3 instruments

or Meshuggah use 21 but Scale the Summit have 8 string guitar, 7 string guitar, and 6 string bass, which is more impressive IMO. And people who don't like metal should like them :p

I should get a new amp too, and maybe a decent head...but no money so will have to wait a LONG time. Although i have no intentions of playing live. not really needed then!

I want to go in the opposite direction...I quite fancy a tenor guitar, as 4 strings sounds ok to me :)

I might 'graduate' to a one-string guitar, as I really like my one-string phono-fiddle. :up:

Aye, I remember when I got my Burns 12-string somebody said "Shouldn't you learn to play 6 first?"

8 String Guitar Esp Ltd Fm408 Bargain Clapham London guitars guitar amps for sale Found that actually... but as I said only 25.5" scale length.

Agile Interceptor 827 MN Lizard Burst (Deposit for May 2010) at RondoMusic.com If that didn't have a kahler trem I would be on that in a flash. Heard bad things about them, and I'd rather just get the fixed bridge they have on their cheaper models anyway, less hassle :D

As for the arm race to see who can weild the most strings, DEFECT NOISES (New CD OUT!!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads has a 10 string. Although it seems the company who makes his guitar make stock 10 strings with bridges that emulates sitars. Now that's weird o_O

For tapping instruments a Warr guitar would be a laugh (go listen to Behold... The Arctopus... instead of a bass guitar the have a warr guitar player) but the fretboard is the size of a dining table. Plus I have small hands and it's a challenge to play my 7 string sometimes... 8 should be a laugh !

$700 for an 8-stringer with EMG's? Seriously, what's the catch?

Agile Intrepid Pro 828 MN Oceanburst MN (Target Feb 8 Ship Date)) at RondoMusic.com

$700 for an 8-stringer with EMG's? Seriously, what's the catch?

Agile Intrepid Pro 828 MN Oceanburst MN (Target Feb 8 Ship Date)) at RondoMusic.com

Only that it costs $60 for a mandatory hardcase, then $110 for shipping. Then when it arrives in the UK you're hit with 17.5% VAT, then another 4% levy on top of that. Finally the lovely people at customs take an administration charge for good measure. I've done the research... and I put down a deposit on one yesterday :up: Not with EMG's though. Don't like em and I want to put bareknuckles or if I have the money lundgren's in it anyway. Passives ftw.

If you have a look around sevenstring.org they're getting pretty good reviews, and one of my friends knows a guy with one and says they are seriously good value. If you've heard of Keith Merrow (really good djent guitarist, has put out a free EP and album) he had one and said they were pretty decent instruments, but he just preferred 7 stringers.

That model is a single EMG as I'm sure you noticed, you can also get them with 2 EMG's, and a kahler trem as well, but those cost $1000

If you ordered the $700 one, by the time it arrives in the UK at your door you will have paid $860 to get it here (about 530) then the 22% ish on the value of the guitar (about another 80-85, then the fee). Probably looking at about 630 ish in total, Which is still a damn good deal. I've ordered this one :DAgile Septor 828 RN Nat Ash (Deposit for May 2010) at RondoMusic.com

Guest Gladstone
We have 14 strings between us.

As for new gear i have a lot of dosh saved up and would quite like a new amp. Been looking at Orange Rockerverb 50 or an Peavey 6505+.

I'm struggling with the maths here... do you have 2 bass players and 1 guitar player?

Only that it costs $60 for a mandatory hardcase, then $110 for shipping. Then when it arrives in the UK you're hit with 17.5% VAT, then another 4% levy on top of that. Finally the lovely people at customs take an administration charge for good measure. I've done the research... and I put down a deposit on one yesterday :up: Not with EMG's though. Don't like em and I want to put bareknuckles or if I have the money lundgren's in it anyway. Passives ftw.

If you have a look around sevenstring.org they're getting pretty good reviews, and one of my friends knows a guy with one and says they are seriously good value. If you've heard of Keith Merrow (really good djent guitarist, has put out a free EP and album) he had one and said they were pretty decent instruments, but he just preferred 7 stringers.

That model is a single EMG as I'm sure you noticed, you can also get them with 2 EMG's, and a kahler trem as well, but those cost $1000

If you ordered the $700 one, by the time it arrives in the UK at your door you will have paid $860 to get it here (about 530) then the 22% ish on the value of the guitar (about another 80-85, then the fee). Probably looking at about 630 ish in total, Which is still a damn good deal. I've ordered this one :DAgile Septor 828 RN Nat Ash (Deposit for May 2010) at RondoMusic.com

Found out what the catch could possibly be.

Is it proper Mahogany or is it NATO?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

Ok, bought this the other day

dave-smith-mopho-synth.jpg

Fully analogue synth, 2 VCOs and sub oscillators, curtis low pass filter, 4 envelope generators, arpeggiator & four 16-step programmable sequencers per program.

Hey man, what one did you get? My bandmate's looking into getting new humbuckers, so I suggested he check out the Bareknuckle jobbies.

Warpig. For silly gain. I was going to go with the Miracle Man, but I changed my mind last minute. I heard a sound clip of the Warpig coil tapped, and it swayed me considerably. Massive crunch!

That Mofo looks awsome. Can you hook it up midi to your MPC?

The only new thing I have bought so far this year is talkbox. I got my JP8000 fixed and now I can use both together which is a great combo.

Planning on buying a Nord electro 3 and fancy the Roland AX synth but that'll have to wait! Kind of need a good keyboard amp too. Sometime hard to decide what is most important.

Warpig. For silly gain. I was going to go with the Miracle Man, but I changed my mind last minute. I heard a sound clip of the Warpig coil tapped, and it swayed me considerably. Massive crunch!

Guys guys, how many times have I to suggest to you to try out Wizard Pickups.

Here's a sound clip. It's a bit long winded and a PC generated sound (DI) i think. You can find other links from this one though.

And from Wizard Pickups

I'll be fine with the Bareknuckle, thanks. Comes heavily recommended. The sound clips and reviews were enough, but the demo of a coil split C-Pig won it for me. Having it made slightly underwound for added clarity and more control, my preference.

No problem min! Just trying to get an underestimated bespoke product some 'street cred'. There is a very long story regarding BK vs Wizard which I won't go into on here. I'm sure you must have heard about that one though. The next time you are on the phone to BK ask them;):up: