aberdeen-music

COTC on Spotify & Last.fm

stevealex35

Hi folks...

Why not listen to Cast Of The Capital's EP 'Rotten Kids and Haversacks' and/or add it to yer radio station/playlist on Last.fm and Spotify? It's all free :)

Links below will take you to our 'Rotten Kids and Haversacks' EP:

Spotify

Spotify search query

Last.fm

Cast Of The Capital Discover music, concerts, & pictures at Last.fm

And if you wish to listen to the EP on your portable MP3 device, then you can purchase it on iTunes etc, CD in one up!

Cheers,

COTC

Cast Of The Capital on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A list of 50 seems a little excessive, huh?!

Are you not just a bit bitter they wrote you'se lot down as "Copyhaho" one word, and not "Copy Haho" two words, which is what I'm lead to believe is how it's meant to be written?

because of the size of that list, i was able to check out bands that i would not have heard of otherwise if the list had been shorter, so it was useful to me, i did not make my judgements on the bands because of the nature of the list, it is more of a directory of some of the best. also it does not make the list "less prestigious," as being recognised by Vic Galloway in itself admirable, if the list had been 100 bands to watch in 2010 it would not have made a difference in anybody's books. the main thing is congrats to all the local bands that made it onto the list, especially Cast of the Capital, as they are an extremely hardworking bunch of lads and deserve a great year.

Are you not just a bit bitter they wrote you'se lot down as "Copyhaho" one word, and not "Copy Haho" two words, which is what I'm lead to believe is how it's meant to be written?

I'm not actually shallow enough a person to get bitter about a typo on a Myspace blog, mate... !!!

I dunno, it just seems that for the size of Scotland, fifty does make it seem a lot more like a directory (nothing wrong with that), rather than a considered and concise list, which I think these things really need to have in order to have any sort of air of authority and recommendation, which after all, is why notable names compile these sort of things. If the list applied to music, worldwide, for example, than it'd be fine, as it'd be incredibly harder and actually involve contrasting and comparing different acts/producers/labels, etc. But with Scotland being a fairly small country, fifty acts does seem a little excessive.

HOWEVER

Let's not turn this into a petty argument, so congrats to Cast Of The Capital!

I'm not actually shallow enough a person to get bitter about a typo on a Myspace blog, mate... !!!

I dunno, it just seems that for the size of Scotland, fifty does make it seem a lot more like a directory (nothing wrong with that), rather than a considered and concise list, which I think these things really need to have in order to have any sort of air of authority and recommendation, which after all, is why notable names compile these sort of things. If the list applied to music, worldwide, for example, than it'd be fine, as it'd be incredibly harder and actually involve contrasting and comparing different acts/producers/labels, etc. But with Scotland being a fairly small country, fifty acts does seem a little excessive.

HOWEVER

Let's not turn this into a petty argument, so congrats to Cast Of The Capital!

No I totally agree with you. Should have been a top 5, I think, maybe a top ten, and COTC would still have got in, for me anyay.

Congratulations!