aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jammer

Xcerts review Herald

As long as they put on a decent performance and gain plaudits they can't be treading water. In fact if they do, they are finished.

I'm not criticising, I just mean that I'd expect the Xcerts to be continually receiving this sort of recognition; they're a quality band who work hard and deserve it.

Also, national press is hardly new for them which is what I mean about treading water. It's just more of the same isn't it? Erm... isn't it?

I'm maybe just being ridiculously casual about it all as that level of media attention is something I'm not familiar with but it just seems to me as though they've broke this barrier already.

I'd say it's more of a case of that if they're recieving a good media following and consistently get "fairly good" reviews then they obviously may need to strategise a way to up the ante. I've not witnessed a live gig or heard much of them so can't pass on ways they could do this.

Well that's my two pence.

True, but many bands survive at their level for years and then suddenly go MASSIVE 'overnight' so it's maybe just a case of keeping up the good work.

All this is true enough, but I'm not sure that a good review in the Herald should prompt a state of the nation style address!

Well, it seems like a good review in the Herald has got everyone here discussing The Problems That The Xcerts Must Face.

I'd be more inclined to say "oh, that's a decent review, well done" and then move on. They aren't a massive band, but they are a good band with a good album who are picking up good reviews. This is A Good Thing, rather than a harbinger of potential doom.

You're right, this is getting too involved for my liking. In trying to explain myself further I've just added confusion upon what I thought was a fairly simple initial statement.

Well atleast they aren't just a flash in a pan group. They're showing consistancy and showing they always deliver the goods which in this day is exactly what is needed. Are not supporting some well known bands these days aswell ?

I've maybe seen them 7-8 times live now and I don't think there's ever been a time where they weren't absolutely fucking excellent.

Fair play to them. They have been working hard for years, putting the graft in. It's bloody hard to keep together as a unit and to keep keen about what you are doing musically.

Last time I saw the Xcerts was at a battle of the bands at Chicago Rock Cafe. I think they were beaten by Estrella. Hard done by in my opinion but then again you can't compete with a band that has a scarf wrapped round the mic stand. This is indeed a step up. Good stuff.

If the Xcerts don't turn into a massive indie-pop powerhouse a la Biffy/Idlewild I will eat my own muffter.

They are so fucking good,and constantly improving