aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
jon

Laptop help needed!

My trusty laptop has gone from working fine yesterday on my folks' wireless to complete meltdown today. It either crashes before the user select screen or, if I get as far as my desktop, it crashes then. A blue screen comes up saying "technical difficulty" and it tries to restart. The same then happens again.

I don't know how it would have got a virus as my parents are pretty tight with their firewall etc and I've only been on Facebook, Hotmail, the bank and here but I have an OU essay due in shortly and I need my laptop working!

Any suggestions? Help greatly appreciated!

does it boot in safe mode? (on button + F8)

take note of all the numbers on the blue screen then plug into google, you should get the answer.

Got a caddy and removed the hard drive from the good ship Titanic. Files seem to be fine - thank fuck!

If there's a physical on/off switch for the wireless network then try turning that off and booting up. I just fixed a laptop which was bluescreening at or around the login screen. It started up fine with the wireless turned off. I then updated the drivers for the wireless adaptor and then it worked whether the wireless was off or on.