aberdeen-music

First Record Bought from One-Up

Graeme

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scan is from the brilliant and indispensible Great Scots Musicography by Martin C. Strong. Anyone with even a remote interest in Scottish music should get themselves a copy. I wish there was an updated version.

So do I!!!

According to that book my career went down the plughole in the 90s. This was before I'd ever done my first live gig :(

I used to have that Tools one..might still be lurking. I've definitely got the President's Men ones, and some APB. Think I sold the Alone Again Or one when the Shamen were at the height of their popularity.

Wish I still had my Sid Ozalid ep (My tortoise bursts into flames was ace).

So do I!!!

According to that book my career went down the plughole in the 90s. This was before I'd ever done my first live gig :(

I used to have that Tools one..might still be lurking. I've definitely got the President's Men ones, and some APB. Think I sold the Alone Again Or one when the Shamen were at the height of their popularity.

Wish I still had my Sid Ozalid ep (My tortoise bursts into flames was ace).

I still have ALL of mine. Maybe they'll be my pension fund...or maybe not!

Happy birthday to me... thanks for popping into the shop and buying stuff for the last 30 years.... come to the party..... thirteen quid please.

12 quid my arse - as advertised. They charge a quid PER TICKET " booking fee " over the counter in 1UP . Thats nae afa pUnk ROcK is it?.

Remember The Tools? I think they were on Oily tae .

I'd gladly pay 15 for Isa and The Filthy Tongues, but I dinna half feel cheated,with the booking fee bollocks, the robbing cnuts.

Happy birthday to me... thanks for popping into the shop and buying stuff for the last 30 years.... come to the party..... thirteen quid please.

12 quid my arse - as advertised. They charge a quid PER TICKET " booking fee " over the counter in 1UP . Thats nae afa pUnk ROcK is it?.

Remember The Tools? I think they were on Oily tae .

I'd gladly pay 15 for Isa and The Filthy Tongues, but I dinna half feel cheated,with the booking fee bollocks, the robbing cnuts.

Just to make you feel better we'll charge you 13 on the door and you'll still be 2 up on your own good deal. Winners all round.

yeah I'd pay around a fiver to see Dave Dixon, and probably around 14 to see Kenny, and a fiver for Indian Red Lopez, so all things considered it really IS a bargain. I canna wait, bound to be a lot of auld faces fae years ago, and we can get drunk and debate which year we bought stuff like Scars T shirts, Another Pretty Face and APB singles and compilation albums featuring The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.

yeah I'd pay around a fiver to see Dave Dixon, and probably around 14 to see Kenny, and a fiver for Indian Red Lopez, so all things considered it really IS a bargain. I canna wait, bound to be a lot of auld faces fae years ago, and we can get drunk and debate which year we bought stuff like Scars T shirts, Another Pretty Face and APB singles and compilation albums featuring The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.

24 it is then! I wish I had some of them on CD to play tonight! I wish I had some Miscreants on anything. It's not all nostalgia though!

In reality I actually paid 26 .It was a great night apart from Jack Frost seemingly stealing my todger due to Tunnels being like the inside of an ice box brrrrrrrrrr and grrrrrrr, despite the two pairs of socks and toasty hat, I had to leave early cos it was so cold.

I thought One-Up had always been on Belmont Street. I guess I was wrong. I think the first time I was in was about 1994 or so. How long has it been there and where was it before that?

Not sure when the Belmont Street shop opened but it was on Diamond Street before that and before that there were 2 shops on Rosemount Viaduct and George Stereet. I'm guessing you haven't read this thread all the way through ;)