aberdeen-music

First Record Bought from One-Up

Graeme

Anybody remember? Ahead of One-up's 30th Birthday party can anybody remember the first record they ever bought from them and which shop? I can't remember 30 years ago and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first but I distinctly remember buying Secrets of The I Ching by 10,000 Maniacs from the Rosemount shop.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think mine was Sonic Youth's 'Daydream Nation' although I might have blanked some others out for reasons of trying to convince myself I'm cool, I've a nagging feeling that the first Soup Dragons album may well be the truth

It was 1987/88 anyway. Christ.

or some 7" on Oily maybe???

As an aside I've got a 7" on Oily by a band called 'Tools'. No recollection as to why/how I've got it. I know it was an Aberdeen label and they put out the early APB stuff but not much about the label beyond that. Anyone tell me more?

Amazingly, someone has put the Tools record online here

As an aside I've got a 7" on Oily by a band called 'Tools'. No recollection as to why/how I've got it. I know it was an Aberdeen label and they put out the early APB stuff but not much about the label beyond that. Anyone tell me more?

here

I've scanned a copy of The Oily Discography and sent it to your gmail address. The scan is from the brilliant and indispensible Great Scots Musicography by Martin C. Strong. Anyone with even a remote interest in Scottish music should get themselves a copy. I wish there was an updated version.