aberdeen-music

EPIC rock band!!!

cleartonebass

I was interested to see if anyone would like to take part in the creation of a new EPIC metal/rock band. Probably quite a bit of prog rock in the equation too in order to create a rather savatage/rhapsody/dream theater style band. I would be intrested in finding one or two guitarists capable of pulling off and writing memorable EPIC riffs and lines. A beast of a drummer with ability to play some other percussion instruments aswell. A keyboard or piano player would be great. Preferably with classical influence in their playing and finally a very very capable singer with a large vocal range. We are gonna be needing some real high and sustained notes.

thanks

Tom

kinkodaclown@hotmail.com

Wow yeh, I'd be up for that too, epic's my middle name. I've actually a lot of stuff epic stuff written with keyboards in the mix too, just stuff to give the listener goosebumps.

I play guitar too btw. I love "rhapsody/dream theater", Blind Guardian have some especialy good epic power metal. I've always wanted to metal up some cool epics like Ecstacy of Gold and Requiem for a Dream

Ross

ten_till_death @ hotmail.com

disclaimer: middle name isn't technically epic

Sounds like it's gonna be cool as fuck... we've got a slightly more progressive element creeping in on our newer material... if Len and Mac and Dan weren't already in a slightly progressive and epic metal band then I'd tell you to get them!

We should play together when you get it together :)

beast! can't wait to get this up and going, if you know others intersted just give me an e-mail. Try get it set up as quick as possible so we can have a bit of a jam. Liking the sound of the epic keyboard stuff :up:

So scott wants a peice of guitar action, ross you want to play guitar, keyboards or both??

I had never actually heard any blind guardian. They're amazing!!! we definately need to do stuff like that! they remind me quite a bit like savatage.

beast! can't wait to get this up and going' date=' if you know others intersted just give me an e-mail. Try get it set up as quick as possible so we can have a bit of a jam. Liking the sound of the epic keyboard stuff :up:

So scott wants a peice of guitar action, ross you want to play guitar, keyboards or both??

I had never actually heard any blind guardian. They're amazing!!! we definately need to do stuff like that! they remind me quite a bit like savatage.[/quote']

I can play the keyboard (if i brush up) but I prefer guitar...and I dont have a keyboard, if theres no-one else I could do both for recording purposes I guess, or try and play both at the same time :S

Glad you like Blind Guardian, they kick a little TOO much ass.

This all sounds awesome ...!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool!

A Blind Guardian cover or two would kick arse. Perhaps a metal/heavy version of an epic classical piece. Dream Theater too....perhaps Pull Me Under, Peruvian Skies or something off Scenes From A Memory Part 2. Either way, something EPIC

• 7 months later...

Hey.this sounds quite cool.Ill b honest and say ive only heard of dream theatre but the idea of doin some EPIC metal\rock stuff sounds awesome.Been tryin to get my own band 2gether 4 a while but aberdeen seems 2 b full of coldplay\keane\travis wannabes which I HATE!!!!Want a band that has a bit of balls!!oohh,I play guitar by the way!