aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_Robertson

Avoid The Morning - NEW SINGLE ON MYSPACE!

You guys seem to have a knack for writing decent pop melodies.

Say What I Am sorta sounds like a Weezer-esque song, but sung in a snotty pop-punk fashion.

Then. Now. Always? Has more of a British sound about it, somewhere between KIGH and the prevailing Scottish Indie-Pop sound.

Both are a big improvement in recording terms, and the band seems to be headed in a positive direction.

Where was this done?

I'm not a massive fan of your lyrics, Aaron. I find them a bit too corny, occasionally.

That being said the music is just brilliant. Really well recorded, good singing, tight and ENUF HOOKS TO RAISE DE TITANIC.

Guest Gladstone

Really liking Then. Now. Always? Solid pop tune. Reminds me a bit on The X-Certs actually. Only criticism would be that it seems to go on a bit longer than necessary.

I'm not as keen on Say What I Am. Not a bad song or anything, just not as good as Then. Now. Always? and your older tunes like Stand and Fight Together. It does get better as it goes on actually. I typed that first sentence about halfway through, and then the song got better. Maybe it needs to kick in a bit sooner or something.

"Avoid The Mormond"

Brilliant.